Thursday, April 7, 2022

Thursday morning

 When I was a toddler I was in daycare.  One day I was stuck in a bathroom stall with an overflowing toilet, the latch broke on the bathroom door.  Since then I have been leery of toilets, Ron used to call it "the toilet monster" especially as I lived in a lot of places with bad plumbing and frequent toilet issues.  Not to mention the various plumbing disasters in this home.  Three broken pipes, one outside in 2011 and two in the house, one in 2019 and one in 2020.  I have new inbound pipes but the outbound are original to the house, I am sure that will come up eventually.  

Last night I had low water pressure because a contractor cut a water main.  That was not a big issue as I had already done my water-heavy chores like laundry.  I didn't get a chance to wash my dinner dishes but other than that it was a pretty average night.  But I didn't flush due to the water issues.  

The utility district said they would have it done by midnight and when I got up at 6 the water was great, nice and strong, clear, etc.  Still on a boil notice so I had to use bottled water to brush my teeth.  I ran the faucet some and no air in the line so I went ahead and flushed.  And my toilet made the most AWFUL noises refilling as the air came into the line.  It was terrible to hear, but it did the job and filled the tank.  Then, later, it filled normally.  I ran the tub faucet and the bathroom sink again and only a few "burps".  I will go do the kitchen in a minute.  

So hopefully that will be "it" on plumbing for a while.  I was happy to see I could have shredded cheese on my lentils without any digestive issues so I will be putting that in my lunch.  Also a cheese stick I can eat with my roasted chickpeas on my break.  That is why I will "try" various foods on my day off to see if I will be OK on a work day.  

[Water district just called and said boil notice should be clear in 24 hours]

I did sleep pretty well, it was cool last night (50's) but the heater turned on a few times and I had enough blankets.  I also had all 3 cats in the bed at various times although Cleo is the bedtime super star.  She loves all sorts of attention when I am lying down.  

Ron was actually the first one to pet her.  He would go in the kitchen, in his wheelchair, drink vodka out of the bottle, and feed the cats treats.  I had all 6 cats at the time.  Mama Cat would come to him for treats and pretty soon Ron said he was petting "small cats, two of them" in addition to the larger Mama Cat.  I knew that could only be Spotty and Cleo.  I asked him repeatedly "Two?" and he always said yes.  And one day I saw him treating the kittens and sure enough he was petting Cleo.  That's about when she decided it was OK if I pet her, too.  But Ron did the initial work.  

So that is nice to think about Ron sitting in his wheelchair petting Cleo.  And he was very safe because he was blind, he wasn't going to touch her unless she touched him first.  And it worked.  

So I got up and fed them.  Biscuit liked having bottled water in his bowl last night, I thought it was funny.  If he likes it that much I might get a filter pitcher, that would probably be a good idea for me anyway.  I will have to think about it.  

That's it for now, I work tonight so likely no post after work.  This will have to hold you 😂 for the day, me standing there ACK!ing at the toilet as it filled today.  

Edit, did up my candy to hand out.  I found "The Value of Trials" tract which is really good, I read that a couple of times after Ron died and while I was job hunting.  I have a believing friend at work going through some hard times and also another friend got a rough diagnosis.  So they will get the tract today.  

I gave the sick friend a card last week and both she and her husband loved it.  That's the one I was having trouble picking out because I was crying over the condolence cards.  So God guided me on that one.  I know how much I enjoy MY cards so it seemed like a good idea.  

And now I have to get ready to go.  

No comments: