Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Wednesday afternoon

 It has been a while since I had to get a new script.  I mean I got new glasses 3 years ago but it was the same prescription.  So it's a little adjustment.  

One time back in the 90's I had such a large change I could barely walk, I had to hold on to Ron as he led me around for a while.  It was pretty funny, the blind leading the blind.  He was very compassionate.  

I am getting used to it, though.  I haven't decided which pair I will wear tomorrow but they are both really cute.  

Speaking of cute I had an adorable nap with Cleo.  She curled up in my armpit and even let me hold her paw as she purred.  This is the cat who, 3 years ago, ran away from me with a food bowl in my hand.  I am so impressed with her progress.  

She has done so well.  I am very proud of her.  I tear up thinking about her bravery and trust in me to care for her.  She is such a GOOD girl.  

She made some good progress with my aunt, she went from fleeing to a hiding spot even I couldn't find (under the bed?  In the closet?) to actually sitting out on the bed and NOT running when my aunt walked by the room.  For Cleo that is huge.  No other visitor has gotten that.  Of course the brown girls liked to come out and visit but the other cats are more timid.  That is OK they had rough starts, but I am really proud when I see any progress.  

So that was a very nice nap even though I woke up with a headache.  And cats never let me hold their paw.  I am wearing pair of glasses #2 right now, the purple tortie ones.  My goal is to get adjusted to both pairs by the time I go to work tomorrow.  It shouldn't be too hard as the change was only .5 on my readers.  As far as I know the top half stayed the same.  

I am working on laundry right now.  At some point I need to cook my lentils and the ground turkey, work up 2 lunches for the next couple days.  Question do I do the curry?  If so which one?  I have a couple different curries.  

About that some of my curries have sulfites in them which can be a migraine trigger, but I am off aspartame and most caffeine so I would think I would be at a much lower overall threshold for a migraine?  I will experiment Sunday and if I get a headache Monday it's my day off.  

I may just cook the lentils with some salt and pepper.  That is the safe route.  I am not sure how I am going to do the ground turkey but I will figure that one out, too.  I may do some onions, salt, pepper and put half in with the lentils and save the other half in the freezer.  Sounds good.  

Then I can make the rice and pour the lentil/meat mixture over it.  It should be nice and filling.  I guess I will go get started on that now...not really feeling a cooking energy but it needs to get done.  

Turkey cooked in iron skillet, did it up with some onions.  Normally I am not a big fan of onions but they were sauteed and now being simmered so will only be good for some flavor and not that WOW onion blast I don't like.  Once I did that I got the rice started, I have, and love, my rice pot.  I actually prefer rice as my carb of choice.  So I eat some now and then.  

Then I started the lentils, with about half the ground meat.  The rest of the ground meat went in the freezer, it can be a quick meal starter one day when I'm depressed.  I prefer ground turkey to ground sausage as sausage can have an "organ meat" (which is what they use) flavor when overcooked.  And I like to use meat as flavoring in my lentils.  

Huh low water pressure.  I hope they fix it soon.  Going to be hard to do my dishes otherwise.  Glad I did finish the laundry.  I looked around my yard I don't have a break.  I know they are putting in something water related not far away so maybe they are hooking it up.  I am not going to stress over this.  Has happened before a few times and they always got it in a few hours.  I know 😂 I paid the bill!  

So the lentils are simmering with some of the meat.  Plan is to serve them over the rice with some grated cheese on top.  Should be tasty.  I will have enough for a couple of meals.  

I called the water district and they are having a widespread problem.  So it's not me.  You may remember (old timers) the broken pipe I had back in 2011, in the yard, racked up a huge bill and I had to have poor Greg the handyman dig a huge hole to fix it.  I was worried it might have been something like that so glad it is not.  

She (representative) said they are having a lot of "no water" calls so it sounds like something broke somewhere along the line.  I told her (and do) have about 50% pressure.  I am glad I already got my shower for the day worst case I can go without one tomorrow for work.  But I am pretty confident they will fix it quick.  

I did get my shower, laundry, and cooking in.  

So anyway I will try a meal tonight and if it settles OK I will go ahead and dish them up for tomorrow and Friday.  I am off lactose so I want to see if I am OK with some shredded cheese.  I have been OK with shredded cheese in the past.  

We will see.  

At least I have some meals for my long days now.  

Edit: water district robocalled me.  I am on a boil water notice.  Also a contractor hit the water main and they are working to fix it.  So that should be fixed pretty soon.  I DON'T envy the water board.  They are going to have a lot of irate people tonight.  

No comments: