Monday, April 4, 2022

Monday (but my Friday)

I had to get up at 3 AM.  Oh, I was tired, but I did it.  I got my shower and headed out to the bus stop.  Two hours and fifteen minutes later, I made it to work.  The second bus was delayed, I believe, by rush hour traffic so I had a very long wait.  Work was fine, I stayed busy.  A lot of women at work are a certain age and want a fan while they are working, I do not.  I did all my hot flashes about 10 years ago. 

I did everything I needed and then clocked out (a little fun doing that) and then did my shopping.  They had humanely raised eggs so I spent the extra $1 and got them, got the decaf green tea I wanted as well.   It is really good with a slice of fresh ginger root.  I slice the ginger and put it in my teapot, then pour the boiling water over.  

So glad, half my $14 grocery purchase went to tea.  I will drink a lot now that I am off aspartame.  [slurp] This tea is really good.  

I came home, put my stuff away (what I had, but I didn't need much).  I took a nap and later on checked the mail, found out my electric bill, which I had budgeted $100 for, was only $37.  So I guess I can go to FoodTown next week.  That is great!  Thank you, Lord.  The weather HAS been nice and mild lately which does wonders for my utility bills.  

I called my parents, they are about to murder a rotisserie chicken.  They like to do one now and then and it's a good meal.  Dad is trying to lose weight (he weighs about what I do but is about 6 feet tall), and Mom is on restricted diet so it's good they found something they both like.  

I talked to my aunt briefly when I was waiting to come home, she said my taxes are done and I should get a refund "whenever" they get around to it.  We are still waiting to see my last year's refund.  But it is good to know I didn't owe anything.  Pays to be poor.  

The 3 cats are doing well.  No Baby Girl.  I really think she is gone.  

Now I'm off to do laundry.  That's it for now.   

No comments: