Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Wednesday morning

I woke up again in the middle of the night but just got a drink of water and a bathroom break, went back to sleep and slept OK.  

I woke up feeling anxious about my property tax exemption.  The form is very confusing.  I am already an owner why do I need to prove it all over again?  They have been happy to have Ron & Heather for 20 years now they are balking at just Heather.  Like I said it is confusing.  My aunt will help when she can but is dealing with a termite issue in her new home.  She has to go crack some heads with home inspector, etc. get someone to pay for the treatment.  Plus she has a uber organic neighbor who will likely freak over the "poison" used.  She has a lot on her plate but she will get to it when she can.  I just need to figure out do I have her go off the website or send the forms to her?  I'm thinking I will likely have to send the forms which also means I have to go to the Post Office and likely buy an envelope.  I don't have any envelopes...[facepalm]  It is just a mess and I feel totally helpless.  I do pretty well taking care of myself most times but now and then I do need the "external brain".  Basically the concept is I may need help with complex things - like property tax exemptions, filing my taxes, etc. so I have someone "outside" to help.  

Basic stuff like doing a budget and all I am OK.  I could be better at the spending but I am working on that.  All the bills are getting paid and money saved for insurance/taxes.  But I do have limits which I have a very hard time admitting.  

My aunt has offered to help, and she will, but she has to put out these fires at home first and I know that. 

I took my shower last night so I don't need that today.  Ideally I like taking the shower at night anyway.  

This morning I made a pot of rice (forgot to use my rice strainer so I wouldn't have the starchy mess!) to go with a can of chili beans I've had for a while.  The beans are tasty, I tried them, mixed with rice that can be a good dinner.  I made 1 cup rice but it seems more like 2.  I put 1/2 cup dry.  [scratching head]  Which is fine, I like rice, I always have.  It is funny because I married a Creole and rice is their primary starch with everything.  My adoptive Mom was into pasta and bread for carb sides, Dad is also a bread man.  I remember him wiping gravy off his plate with a slice of white bread at dinner time.  So that will work, plus my snacks, to hold me at work.  And it's a very cheap meal maybe 50 cents.  I was spending about $7 some days at work on drinks and food.  

I am tired of getting to work so early so I am changing it and leaving the house a little later today.  I start at 3:30 so I am going to leave the house at noon.  We will see how that works.  

And no mask on the bus anymore.  I will still bring one but I shouldn't need it.   

I just need to put all my stuff in my jeans pockets.  I wear my jeans for 2 days, wash then, and I carry a lot of stuff in my pockets so I have to replace it every time I get a new pair out of the closet.  Speaking of jeans our little $10 jeans are up to $11 now and we don't have 1/4 the inventory we did.  I will need to bring all my female supplies because I am due about now.  

The cats are good.  Cleo was in the kitchen begging when I was fixing my rice.  She is a little beggar but she has a nice little meow now.  I have read ferals don't meow and she didn't, for months, but does now, an adorable cute little squeak.  I let her smell the food and she walked off.  I think half the time the cat just wants to see if you will give them the food.  Spotty hung out with me during my God time and Biscuit is up on the couch next to me, cats seem to like that spot to be near me when I'm on the computer.  

I got smart.  I have been terrible about taking my morning pill on an empty stomach and then wondering why I get so queasy later in the day.  So I had a granola bar this morning.  When I did up my pills last night I set up a multi with iron in addition to the Wellbutrin.  Both are pretty harsh.  But I feel fine.  

I had a little coffee (literally 1 tablespoon leaded coffee and a couple tablespoons decaf) this morning just to get some caffeine on board.  I didn't want too much as I was already pretty anxious.  Now I am just drinking water which I am getting used to, again.  When I was a teenager I weighed 120, thought I was "fat" 😂, and only drank water, tea, and skim milk.  There is a lesson there.  I don't drink milk now due to pretty major lactose issues but as far as I know I can still do cheese.  I will have to see if I want some cheese in my beans for dinner actually.  

And there's the trash pickup that is good.  It is included in my water bill which generally runs about $35 a month.  I don't think my electric will be very high this month but I have been cooking a lot so curious to see what that did to my gas bill.  I have a gas stove and water heater.  I like them very much but was afraid of the stove when we first got the house.  That "whoosh" when you turn it on can be a little eeky.  

Biscuit is so cute on his couch.  And that's all they do all day just sleep various places.  So I don't feel as bad when I have a long day at work.  But tonight is only five and a half hours, I don't even get a lunch.  Which is fine I can eat my food in 5 minutes, go to the bathroom, and still have 7-8 minutes left to relax.  

Overall I feel OK with how I am treated at Walmart.  They treat me far better than Target ever did, and that is one reason I did not apply at Target when I was looking.  

Boy I have to give one piece of advice, don't upload your resume to those job search sites, you will have a million scammers calling and texting you, sending you emails.  I got my job by going to the company website, clicking on "Careers" and applying online, then uploading my resume and cover letter to the company.  That's how I got the job.  Not career builder or any of that.  So my advice would be to make a list of companies and then go to the individual websites.  

Sometimes we get people in the store want to apply but you have to do it online and take the assessments.  It wasn't hard but it was comprehensive.  My Dad is right, I thrive on customer contact so I do better in a job with a high volume of customers.  Other people are happy to stock at night when the store is closed to the public.  There is the right job for everyone, certainly at Walmart.  😂

That's it for now, I'm going to go rot my brain online.  

No comments: