Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Very early Tuesday

 So Monday was really long; 2 hours on the bus, a little downtime, then 9 hours of work.  That is a lot of time on my feet.  Feet did pretty well though, I wore my FILA work shoes and they were up for the job.  I certainly plan to spend as much time as possible off my feet today, though.  

Work was OK I got kind of depressed.  One of my coworkers, a man, had a stoke some time ago and his right hand is identical to Ron's, kind of floppy I guess.  It always strikes me when I see it.  This guy is also caregiving for someone with dementia so we talk a little.  But it still hits me when I see his hand.  

I know Ron is in his perfect body now, though.  

Not only that I saw 2 men in wheelchairs, and, later, a blind man with a white cane so not surprising I got a little depressed.  But my job does involve contact with other people so I was OK.  

It was surprisingly busy tonight almost as bad as yesterday.  The little tax prep office was very busy.  Speaking of taxes I should get something back, not sure how much but something.  That will be nice when it comes.  I need to sit down and figure out how I will allocate it.  I would like to put some in savings, some to credit card.  Get myself something, not sure what.  I will figure it out.  

When I get paid I do know I am putting an extra $20 on my bus card I have been using the bus a lot.  And it worked fine getting to work this morning, in fact, I could have left later.  My cab driver buddy was happy to get me after work.  In fact he got me in his personal vehicle.  That is fine I pay him a flat rate so we don't need to run the meter.  

So I came home, pretty beat.  I had hoped I could get some things done when I got home but no energy for it.  I called my parents, had a small package of cheese and crackers, took my medication, and went to bed.  I fell asleep pretty easily, but woke up at 1 with a bad headache.  I took some Excedrin, fell back asleep for a little bit, woke up again about an hour later.  I still had the headache and I couldn't sleep from the caffeine.  I went ahead and got up.  

I made a list of things I need to do: laundry, dishes, cooking, do up pills, get quotes on the fence.  Oh, Spotty just farted and it is evil...

I also need to assemble the cart Dad got me.  Hopefully I can get all that done, relax, and get a nap even.  I did not sleep as well as I would have hoped but have not been sleeping great lately, waking up a lot in the middle of the night.  

I weighed myself and still about 210 so that is OK.  Not gaining at any rate.  I had to figure out eating without getting a lot of processed crap at work and think I did OK with that.  I do need to figure out dinners for Wednesday and Thursday nights.  Saturday and Sunday I only work 4 hours each so not too worried about that.  Worst case I may do a can of beans with some rice.  

One thing I like is a can of Garbanzos mixed up with a can of kidney beans.  It is very tasty.  I guess you could call it 2 bean salad.  It is also cheap and nutritious.  I am all for that.  

I am going to try to get some more sleep.  More later.  

No comments: