Monday, April 11, 2022

Monday afternoon

 So I headed out to the bus stop.  I caught the bus to the traffic light, crossed, waited for the next bus.  Caught that, got to the transit center.  And there's my bus, with a tired looking driver.  I tried to board and he said no it was broken.  But I only had to wait about 5 minutes.  

It was a real swarm going after that second bus but I managed to score the "good" seat I prefer.  Dad - "What is the good seat?"  Near a window, towards the front, and easy access to the button to signal I want a stop.  I don't like to use the backdoor since a passenger told me a friend got stuck in one and was dragged!  😨  He said the guy got a decent settlement but we both agreed we would rather be broke!  

I got off at the proper stop.  The nice thing about it, it's on the way to work so I have passed it many times.  I went in.  Bad news: they did not have beef neckbones.  The meat lady told me they sold out early this morning.  But they did have pork neckbones (yes, thank you), the pot roast in the sale flyer (looked good, and went into the cart), and I finally pulled the trigger on the breakfast chops.  They are a modest sized pork chop you can cook for breakfast and that sounded really good.  I have been wanting them for a while.  I got the premium Chorizo ($1 more), and some really good looking link sausage.  All told I got 6 pounds of meat.  That should hold me for a while I already had some meat on board at home.  

Then I needed rice so I got a 5 pound bag of that.  They had bigger bags but I had to haul it home from the bus stop.  Speaking of haul I found a 4 pound sack of assorted individually wrapped candy.  

I was really happy about that as I go through a lot.  This is exactly the sort of thing I like to distribute.  



I spent exactly $40 with a small handful of change back so that was great, I didn't have to wait until I got my pay on Wednesday, when it's going to rain.  Tomorrow I will be cooking it.  

First I went back out to the bus stop, more homeless, but they didn't bother me.  I had two huge totes one fabric with my canned goods and an insulated "store name" tote bag with the meat and some ice packs.  The ground was utterly filthy so I didn't set the bags down... sure wanted to.  They got heavy.  

My parents said they are buying me one of those "trolley" carts to carry my groceries and I picked one out that I like and has good reviews.  

Anyway I had to wait a while.  There was a very nervous man in a suit trying to get to an interview at Starbucks but had no idea where it was.  I told him I could help and did.  He got there with 10 minutes to spare.  I got to the end of the line, a long trip.  

I had never crossed at the light near the grocery store so I didn't know if the light worked, and it was a walk from the store and I didn't want to haul my junk any more than I had to.  But I did spend some time.  Got to the end of the line the driver (I had run out of candy so he didn't get any) was a little hostile telling me to get off, I explained I was "riding around" and offered to swipe my card again.  He said yes so I did it and he relaxed when he saw the value left on my card (more than I make in 4 hours of work).   I imagine he gets a lot of trouble makers.  

A later bus driver got cursed out twice by passengers who didn't push the button to signal their stop and instead began screaming at him as he drove past (that's not how it works!).  The bus drivers have a very hard job and that is one reason I do hand out the candy.  

Finally got BACK to the transit center, my bus to go home was empty so I got the good seat again.  Some rides, like going to the end of the line, I don't care where I sit but if I have to ring the bell I need a good spot.  It's important to me.  Got to the subdivision, got home, put away my meat.  I made an inventory as I did so of best by dates and product name so I won't let anything go bad.  I hate that.  I called my family they are doing well.  We talked a while, they all went out to dinner.  

I ate, took my pills, doing a load of laundry as we are getting some weather the next few days.  Power outages and "new" washers are not a good mix.  I would rather get it done tonight.  Hopefully it will be quiet so I can sleep tonight.  

No comments: