Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday morning

Last night was sad and disturbing at work, some employee drama.  I was untouched by it but it was still sad.  

I had an uneventful ride to work, did some banking.  That took a while waiting in line.  But I got some cash and also transferred the money to savings.  Then I did a little shopping.  

Can't say much about the how but I had cause to wonder if my cards had been wiped, I tested one after work and it was fine.  Jack appreciated the giant candy bar.  Still no new vest, I asked about it and she said "NO" so that's that.  Nearly all my coworkers are walking around in the new vests and I'm in the old one.  That's a little weird.  

Came home, called my parents, went to bed.  I need to figure out lunch today.  The cheap part of me wants to bring some pulled pork and leave it at that but I might want a hamburger, but I would rather save that for a really bad day and not just a "I don't feel like my own cooking" day.  

I slept OK but did wake up one time.  I had a drink of orange juice and back to bed.  When I got up I had a 100 mg caffeine tablet to get me going and then some more orange juice, ate a fake nutrigrain bar and had my medication.  

I am feeling unmotivated but I assume that will change as I get closer to leaving.  I still need to get dressed, do my lunch, and do up the candy.  That's all done.  

I am debating getting my dryer vent cleaned.  It goes straight up to the roof from the laundry room.  It has never been cleaned as long as I owned the house.  Dryer times are pretty slow.  It might help with dry times and would definitely mitigate fire risk.   I am thinking about it.  That's the sort of preventive thing I don't mind.  But my aunt wants to check it out; she's only had dryers that vent to the outside at ground level.  But I got a good eyeball when they took out all the drywall for the pipe break and it goes straight up.  

Anyway about ready to go.  It will be nice today; I will need to plan my cab ride for tomorrow morning.  I budgeted for that.  Sometimes it all seems so overwhelming but I have to do it, there's no one else.  It is sad.  

I have my faith which carries me but a lot of people don't and are just hopeless and alone out there which bothers me.  So I hand out the candy with the Scripture booklets.  As bad as it can be with my faith I can't imagine trying to navigate without.  

That's it for now.  I did bring the pulled pork.  

No comments: