Sunday, April 10, 2022

Up and at 'em (Sunday morning)

 When I woke up I thought I had to leave at 5:30 so I got it ALL done...right as I was walking out the door I realized I wanted the 6:30 bus.  Oops.  Well I am awake now.  

I slept pretty well don't remember my dreams.  Wearing a white tshirt that is not see-though (glad I bought those, years ago) and black jeans, with my work shoes.  I have 3 pair of work shoes I rotate, one Fila and 2 Sketchers wide.  One is a Sketchers outdoor which is waterproof, can be very useful.  My last pair lasted about 8 months.  I have a black FILA that are very comfortable, and some wide fit brown Sketchers a little bigger than my size (9.5 men's), but fit/feel great.  I will get some new shoes around summertime, I like to rotate them out every 6 months.  They cost about $40 each.  I use foot powder and actually use deodorant on my feet so my shoes/feet don't stink.  

Also wearing my support socks, I try to wear them every day I work.  I have plenty of them in my drawer so no worries about running out.  When I wash them I hang them up vs. dryer and they are in great shape.  I just don't think all the nylon and elastic will benefit from time in the dryer.  It is always a challenge to get them on (I actually pray first) but I get it.  Sometimes they are crooked but I have to wear long pants for work anyway.  

I have had some customers ask me about the support socks we sell.  I don't wear those (I don't say that) but I am sure they are fine.  It will be interesting to see how they hold up in the summer.  I am really happy I have 9 pair of jeans.  That is a lot.  

I am eating my lentils and rice for dinner every day which has been good.  I like them.  I like the ones with Chorizo better so I will buy some when I go to the grocery store tomorrow.  I would like to sleep in tomorrow but I will only have one good day to shop so will probably set an alarm.  I will have to ride a lot on the bus but I won't have to cross scary streets, or pay more than $1.20 for my rides.  That, and the candy I hand out.  

I still have a decent amount of candy so I continue to hand that out with tracts.  That reminds me, I need Scripture booklets.  I just ordered 600, that ought to keep me busy for a while.  Ballpark I handed out over 500 booklets, in bags of candy, last year.  I don't keep tract but I had bought a 600 count package of zip locks I only used for candy and I used that up a while back.  

I honestly don't know if the Bible Handouts died with Ron or not.  I still have some Bibles but not a lot.  But they are safe in their packaging.  Worst case some home raider will find them after the Rapture.  Bibles will be in very high demand then.  I just haven't had a push to go out and do it.  I am up for whatever God wants, that is key to me, be in His will and not my own.  I don't want to waste the Bibles or my time and money (for transportation).  

It is going to be nice Monday but then rain the next 2 days.  I don't mind Tuesday, I can do housework and watch my Fireman TV show.  Wednesday I guess I will sleep in and loaf around the house, maybe do some cooking.  

I am hoping to get a nice pot roast at Food Town.  Or stew meat.  I have been wanting some red meat.  Angus shoulder roast is $4.29 a pound, or they have had beef neckbones in the past. A friend of mine swears tastes 'Just like oxtails".  I will find some tasty meat.  

I will also get more lentils and rice, they have Chorizo as well for 99 cents.  Get 2 of those one for the freezer, one to cook up and put in lentils.  I have eggs in the fridge, and breakfast sausage (ground, in a chub)  so I can fix some good breakfasts.  I may need more containers.  

The end of this week I work some strange hours.  Work until 7, 6:30, 8:30, I will have to budget for some rides.  The 6:30 pretty sure I can get the bus home if I feel up to it but I'm not going out at 8:30 and riding the bus.  

Unfortunately there is a homeless encampment right next to my bus stop to go home, the bus stop is overrun with them begging.  Then twice now I have been out there waiting on a bus and do gooders came by handing out food and stuff, so that kind of endorses the problem.  I have answered that by wearing my work vest at the bus stop to indicate I am a tax paying, employed, citizen.  It helps.  Because the bus driver won't stop if he thinks it is all homeless people.  If it is bad at 2 in the afternoon I can only imagine what it is like later at night.  

And I find it hard to find sympathy because I have been told by more than one they had a mental illness diagnosis and are refusing medication; others don't want to quit drinking and have been thrown out by their families.  One guy stayed with his daughter when she found out he was homeless, he drank every day and urinated on her carpet repeatedly so she threw him out again.  I take my medication, I live responsibly.  I keep a schedule and eat healthy the majority of the time.  I take my vitamins.  I get exercise and bathe every day.  Because I want the people around me to be comfortable, too.  

So that's it... I just wish people would stop giving them money then they would find somewhere else to beg.  They are only out there because they are getting money.  

[scoffs] They probably make more an hour than I do!  

Biscuit is hanging out on the couch next to me, he looks so sweet I am going to hate to leave him.  But I need to leave in about 5 minutes, so that's it for now.  

No comments: