Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

As I thought, our neighbors' parties went on until well after midnight. I finally figured out, duh, they are from Mexico.  Maybe I'd better look up Mexican Christmas traditions:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_in_Mexico

It explains a lot - the late night parties on Christmas eve, the late night party on January 6th.  I know to expect a party on the 6th.  However, all the neighbors kept it pretty quiet as these things go - a lot of loud talking and children playing, but no loud music. Thank you for that. 

As you know, I spent my time blogging and listening to my music.  I finally went to sleep around 1 and woke up about 9. 

I had a pretty bad headache, so I took something, ate some cereal, and waited for Ron to wake up.  When Ron woke up he was in a pretty grim mood.  I later realized he was having neuropathy pain.  I asked and he confirmed. 

He hates to complain.  Recently I asked him about a medical issue, and he said "Oh, yeah, that's been hurting for a while" (that issue is pretty much resolved).  He thinks he might have some kind of bronchitis but is not interested in seeing a doctor.  Well, he can still make his own decisions.  I figure a guy who can manage a business, schedule all our paratransit trips, and pay the bills can decide if he wants to see a doctor. 

He's cursing again. I hate to hear him hurting.

I remember how I felt when we went to, I think it was 5 different doctors, maybe 6, and they all said "We can't do anything for neuropathy, do you want a narcotic?"  Ron said "No way".   Thank God.  Those things are addictive. 

I had turned on some Christmas music.  Ron liked that.  He got around to the point where he wanted to open presents.  We took turns.  He got lots of tasty snacks and a gift card.  I got various fun items.  The cats even got some presents. 

Later on, I'll connect my cell phone to the computer and upload a few photos of Baby Girl.  She's awfully cute. 

Ron feels pretty bad, so we're going to save the Christmas day pizza for tomorrow or another night.  We have to eat it by the 29th. 

I'd like to get another pizza for New Year's, but that means going to Walmart.  Yike.  I know it will be crazy for the next couple days and I'd really like to avoid that. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Ron. I know sometimes on the blog people can be hard on him for drinking, but this is something other--something he can't control, that was thrust on him. Stinks it is happening today... or any day. Praying he feels better and you have a wonderful Xmas night!