Monday, December 3, 2012

"I know you're having a bad day".

I want to be that awesome person you love to see, a refreshing oasis in the chaos of life.  I am to do that with Ron and everyone I meet.

Today, I got up at 4.  I did my God Time, prayed for you, took my shower, and went to work.  We did our end of the month close out, which involves paying me (not much), getting the meter readings, etc.  In addition to that, I did what stocking I could and a thorough inventory.  I hate to buy something I already had.

In the past, we have had various transportation dramas which resulted in us having to leave very early, or getting to work very late.  On every occasion Dave, our sandwich guy, has been awesome.

Normally he delivers between 8:15 and 9.  As 9:20 approached, Ron said I should call.  "Ron," I told him "I already know Dave is having a horrible day.  He'd have been here otherwise."   But Ron insisted I call.

I started by saying "I know you're having a bad day" and he agreed, told me the details.  Then I asked "Can you get here by 10?"  That, he said, he could do.

Sure enough, he did.

Now, is it God?  The Dale Carnagie books?  Both?  All I know he was really happy to see me.

Biting someone's head off because they're disturbing your plans is only good for conflict.  I want people to enjoy making deliveries.  Especially Dave.

No comments: