Tuesday, December 25, 2012

It seemed like a good idea at the time

Boy, Ron and I were a pair tonight.  I called my parents, and Ron kept interrupting, drunkenly, with compliments and "tell them I love them!" 

I think the funniest moment, for me, was when Ron thanked Dad for having me, and Dad said "It seemed like a good idea at the time."  You can read that line a million different ways.  [laugh] 

I'm taking it as a compliment.  Ron kept telling me how much he loves me, etc.  It was very sweet.  At least if he's drinking, he's very nice to me now. A lot better than old days. 

I'm battling depression, but I did great today considering.  It was very windy and cold, and as a result, very quiet. 

[This blog interrupted for Bubba petting] 

Bubba spent most of the day outside, Baby Girl stayed in.  Mostly.  Ron kept petting her and telling me how much he loved her, and he loved me too...

He's still in some pain but it seems to be a little better now.  

He called to me, turn the TV to a different channel.  I did.  We both cried over the ending of "She's in love with the Boy".  Then we watched "Undercover Boss" and cried over the ending. 

We were certainly on the same page.  I have an old, low-def television - I'm very happy with it.  I feel so smug - even the crackheads didn't want it.  Ron has his Direct TV receiver plugged into a pair of headphones, I think.  He tends to create complex nests of wires and adapters. 

I'm waiting to cook the pizza, until we both feel better. 

Happily, the only drama has been when Bubba finally came home and the kitten wanted to play.  Ron kept screaming "Invader alert" until I figured out he was referring to the kitten.  I locked her up in Ron's room so Bubba can have some alone time. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love a drunk ron video blog. HE CRACKS ME UP!!!!

Heather Knits said...

Ron, drunk, would love to do one. I'll drag him over here once he's feeling better (neuropathy is really bad today).