Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"I've got mine"

Baby Girl came and gave me a "visit".  She stole the cushion off my chair so I gave it to her.  She looks good on it. 

I had a pretty busy day.  My sister had moved, so I got her new address last night.  She has an amazing ability to make the most awful medical stories incredibly funny.  She could use a prayer or two, if you pray. 

I had her goodie box, so I put it in my tote bag and went to the Post Office with Ron.  We went to the fast food restaurant around the corner, and Ron waited.  He had plenty of food, drink, and bathroom.  I went to the Post office.  A bit of a line, but not bad, really. 

I wanted to mail her gift while it was still pretty cold.  Enough about that.  I know it is something she likes. 

I was a little nervous about leaving.  The last time we went to the Post Office someone robbed us! 

By the way, I figured it out.  Most of the neighbors had at least one person home, the day we were robbed.  The guy down the street is retired and never leaves home.   I guess we were the only ones gone.  Humph. 

We had a good ride to get there.  Ron ate, I left, mailed my stuff. 

The window clerk at the Post Office (she knows me) said that they have had a lot of car break ins while people are mailing their packages.  She warned me to hide my purse.  I told her I don't carry a purse, and I don't drive! 

Coming home was a little less pleasant.  It was a driver we used to like a lot, but he got very aggressive and ugly regardling politics.  He told me "I don't care if you have money troubles, I'm fine."  Meaning, y'all can go to hell, I've got mine. 

I haven't yet forgiven him for that.  I have only been nice to him.  We bought him lunch several times, I have given him lots of candy, and to coldly say "I don't care about you" really hurt.   I always try to be kind to drivers, too. 

I am certain I am not the only person who "lost" someone she had liked and trusted to the political battles. 

It ia always awkward riding with the guy, now. 

So, he showed up, we got in, and we told him about the break-in.  He got all mad at me "How do you know it was crackheads?"  I told him, only a crackhead would be dumb enough to rob our house.  We don't have anything.  He told me I could get a new computer.  I told him I couldn't.  I can't afford a used one, much less a new one.  He kept telling me I could get a new computer if I wanted. 

[This is the same guy we told we are only taking home about $400 a month profit on the business every month, right before he told us he didn't care.] 

I told him "I don't have $40 to spend on a computer.  Please stop telling me what I can afford".  He then made a snide comment about layaway. 

We told him "friends" fixed the front door, and when he saw the door he said "I wish I had friends like that".  I thought, maybe you need to look at your life and how you are living it.   I am not going to report him, even though I could, because God will deal with him. 

I did not tell him a family member is sending me a reconditioned computer, it wasn't his business.  Besides, by this point, we had picked up another woman. 

Ron and I were talking amongst ourselves and she kept interrupting us.  She wanted the address of the wholesale club.  Ron gave it to her.  She kept telling him it was wrong, they didn't have a store over there.  We told her "We've been going there for 10 years" and she finally shut up, for a minute, and then began demanding the phone number and zip code.  Ron is the yellow pages?   He was more gracious than I. 

I didn't want her to know any of my business as it was apparent she was a huge gossip. 

I've been taking my lithium as directed, but I was a little irritable today.  I guess that's the depression.  I didn't say anything to either of them, I just got out.  Ugh. 

I had enough adrenaline to paint the garage trim, so I did that.  It looks great.  I thought it might need another coat but it looks fine.  Hopefully that will make the homeowner's association happy. 

After that, I did some laundry and took a nap.  I have learned something interesting. 

They are doing a lot of remodeling next door.  That's not it: they make a lot of noise during the day with the powertools, compressors, etc, and I sleep fine.  That's a good thing to know - if I'm really tired I can sleep through just about anything. 

Does anyone else get cold during a nap?   I do. 

I had to sleep all alone.  No Bubba.  I might see him tonight. 

I had a dream about a big pot of brown rice.  So, I made one.  I'll have a little later, the rest can go for breakfast tomorrow. 

I need to eat when I take my Wellbutrin or I get really queasy, and it's apparent I need to go back up to my prescribed dose tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I believe that the key to finding out lies with the work going on next door. After all a crackhead really is not going to case a house to see who is home and who isn't. They are just too crazy with trying to get a fix to care.

I believe that the only new thing introduced to your neighborhood is the workers doing the work next door. They would see Ron and you coming and going and have an idea about the days you leave and the times you return home.

If it wasn't one of the workers I would bet money it is someone they know.

This makes the most logical sense since a crackhead would not know the schedule of people in the neighborhood and who had people home and who did not.

Plus why would someone kick in a door next door to where people are obviously working and coming in and out?

At least now they know you have nothing of value so you won't have to worry about a them breaking in again.

Heather Knits said...

I don't think the neighbor's guys had anything to do with it. The guys who robbed me were black and ignorant-looking, per the neighbor.

Generally, working class Latino immigrants have very little to do with ignorant black guys.

They did a pretty sketchy job of tossing the place, I thought, so I think they were high. I think they were just "fiending" for drug, whatever they're doing, and saw us leaving.

The neighbor guys do leave now and then to run errands, but his wife is always home. They would have seen her car. Break in, start tossing my place. Then hear the contractors come back, panic, and bolt.

I definitely agree, I have nothing they want now - and I doubt they'll be back. The things I value are worthless to them.