Sunday, December 2, 2012

A lot about nausea

Horribly queasy today.  I'm not sure why.  I haven't eaten much the last couple days.  I didn't sleep very well last night.

Do I have any symptoms that say "I am sick"?  No.  It's just the medication.

Like the movie said, "... or shut up"  It was a rather challenging day.

I had it all set in my head, we'd go to the Starbucks, wait for Justin to pick us up, go to church.  I'd chat with the pastor about the handout....

Instead, Metrolift was an hour late and we barely made it to church on time.  I also had a horrible headache.  I was able to alleviate the headache, but I got really queasy.

Not "Please God don't let me vomit in church" queasy, but more of a miserable, groaning queasy.  No, I didn't groan.

I did talk to the pastor for about 10 seconds, enough to let him know the handout went well and no I didn't need anymore Bibles.  I love my church.

Love it, love it, love it.

At any rate, towards the end of church - wait.  Here's a vignette from church.  I'm singing Revelation song at the top of my lungs.  I love that song.  Ron is wincing and leaning away from me.

Later on, they were doing another favorite of mine and I bellowed along with the chorus.  I saw Ron leaning again, but this time he had his hand up over the ear closest to me.  I almost started laughing.

Ron forgets, we sit in the FRONT, second row, so the worship leader saw him.  He then said "Now everyone SING IT WITH ME!" while looking pointedly at Ron.  I almost fell down laughing as the hand went up over his ear again.  Poor Ron.  I am tone deaf but God loves to hear me singing.

Ron, however, does not.  He endures.

At the end of the service, my appetite suddenly returned with a vengeance.  While praying, I kept repenting because I was having fantasies of hamburgers and fries.  I'd repent, and think of them again... God understands.

So, after church I begged Justin to take us through a drive through.  What a nice man, he did, and he didn't even mind me acting like an animal eating the french fries in his nice car.  That's a Christian.

After eating, I took my meds.  I have learned to take them after the big meal and I didn't know if the nausea would return.  Boy, did it.

We went to work, but Ron forgot the work keys.  Oh well.  I was still able to troubleshoot and fix a down vending machine.  It was starting to smell like burnt electrical insulation.  I prayed about it, unplugged it for about 5 minutes, and when I plugged it back in it worked great.

Our pickup from work was late, but it wasn't too bad.  A nice driver.  When we came home, both cats were waiting outside.  I thought that was so sweet.  Everyone got petting.

Dad called me back (I missed him yesterday) and we had a good talk.  The nausea has somewhat abated so I'm going to eat a snack and take my night time pills.


No comments: