Sunday, December 30, 2012

I miss my Kindle

Last night I concluded that I'm better off without cold medicine.  Or flu medicine, whatever it is I've got.  I cough more when I take the remedy. 

Ron and I don't have fevers; but we do have a lot of coughing.  No runny nose or sneezing; but a lot of postnasal drip (sorry to be so specific).  I'm kind of achy and run down, Ron has a neuropathy flare.  We're both really tired.  If I had to guess I'd say the flu.

Do I wish we'd had the vaccine?  No.  Both my siblings had to be hospitalized after flu vaccines.  Flu vaccines can cause neuropathy, I can only imagine they would aggravate existing neuropathy.  I'm glad we skipped that. 

At any rate, we're at home.  No deliveries.  Doing the good citizen quarantine thing. 

It was interesting, I tried a couple different remedies I had on hand, and the best remedy seems to be nothing.  I thought it was cute, I have no appetite (always happens when I'm sick) and Ron is very concerned with feeding me.  This morning he told me he took out one of my frozen pot roast dinners and put it in the fridge for me to eat later (I'll need that to take my pills).  I thought that was very thoughtful and sweet. 

Ron's watching TV and reading.  I'm lamenting the loss of my Kindle and reading a paperback romance novel I bought a while back.  NAM thrift store has them for 75 cents, and they tend to get a lot of inspirational romance novels.  I prefer those. 

I've often considered getting a subscription, but I haven't.  Part of it is the fact that I could get 20, 99 cent Kindle books for the price of four real ones. 

Man, I miss my Kindle. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knit?

Heather Knits said...

I'll have to lock up the kitten. LOL A good idea.

Anonymous said...

You are a remarkable knitter you used beautiful colors and creativity
But yes kitties and yarn are quite the match! I didn't think of that! I was cleaning out things for the new year, going to do another Tshirt rug
Those old unusable stained tshirts make a giant " yarn" ball, then cute crocheted rag rugs up cycling rocks!