Monday, December 3, 2012

Lithium Level

It's funny.  I live in a house on a street in Houston.  On either side, I have a nice brick home with a much higher value than my own home.  I'm OK with that - the house is great for me, Ron, and the cats.

For years, I have posted one tirade after another, about various neighbor "infractions".  The guy in the gray house is also a Hoarder, and puts loads of stuff in the front and side yards.  The guy in the pink house has a very active family, and loud parties at times.

When my lithium level was off, it really used to bother me.  In fact, I used to brood about the neighbors even when they didn't do anything wrong!

Yeah, scary, I know - but I want to be real so you can understand my illness.

At any rate, this year one of my main goals has been getting my lithium level to the proper number.  I have done that.

And an interesting thing has happened, gray house piled up tons of stuff outside - but it doesn't bother me.  So what if it attracts rats?  I've got Bubba and Baby Girl is also showing great promise as a "ratter".  The cats love all the junk, the kitten in particular.  She likes to get up in the basket of the shopping cart, like we're going to Walmart.  Yeah.  He has a shopping cart.

And, this weekend, he got his leaf blower and helped me with the front yard.  I thought that was very sweet and thanked him profusely.  The HOA will get him on the pile of junk.

The guy with the noisy kids running all over my yard, helped me with my groceries today.  He's a good guy, loving husband, devoted father.  I can focus on the good parts.

You know what?  I love my neighbors.  I hope they never move.

Thank you, God, for proper lithium levels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations
I do very much empathize understand and am happy for you.