Thursday, December 6, 2012

Robbed

Well, that was unpleasant.  I left the house to go to Taco Bell with Ron.  Then I carried my box of Christmas treasures to the post office and mailed them. 

We came home.  The second we got out of the vehicle, the neighbor came over 'You got robbed, I saw a black man leaving your house". 

I looked at the door, it had been kicked in. 

Not cool.  However, hopefully a lot cheaper than if they'd broken the window.  Ron and I waited outside for the police. 

When the police showed up, it was Officer B.  He's the one who came over when Ron had that ugly blackout a little over a year ago, screaming profanities at the man for quite a while in the driveway.  I could tell he recognized us.  Awkward! 

We did a look - cats OK.  Bibles OK.  TV there (it is very old and small).  Laptop - gone.  Ron's computer - present.  I think they ran out of time; that and God said "NO".  It's pretty old and looks it. 

The police can basically do nothing.  When I get the laptop specs to them they can put it in the system.  A white Macbook from 2007 ain't gonna cut it. 

Look what they did to my bed! 



I guess they thought I had money under the mattress.  If I had money in the house that's the last place I'd put it. 

Sigh.  Thank God Ron had his computer - so I could get online and change all my passwords.  I mean, everything. 

I hope the little thugs enjoy my Gospel Rap and cat photos. 

Now, I've already had people blaming my helpers from yesterday - they were well known to me, residents of the subdivision, and Latino.  The criminal was apparently a black guy in a green shirt. 

I'm trying to count my blessings - they didn't trash the house or hurt the cats. 

I also think this must go to spiritual warfare, too.  I just did a Handout not a week ago. 

I'm on Ron's computer for now.  He does need it so I don't know how much I'll be posting. 

((((hugs)))  If you can, pray for the guys who did this.  I want them saved and in Heaven one day. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry this happened to you :(

Remember we are all sinners, and even sinners can be saved. So we can't assume because they stole from you that they are not saved. They may be saved but just struggling in their life. And for that we can pray for them.

Anonymous said...

Well blame it on whatever, that just sucks and I am very sorry some one violated your world!
I have constant worries about our home security. We bought a camera kit on sale so we can watch our home from work. I am like you. My first though are my animals, after that, it is all just " stuff"

I hope they catch the person.

Jillian said...

I'm so sorry about this again Heather, and am glad that you, Ron, and the cats are ok. Praying for you and for those that did this. Whether they are Christians or not, they need prayers, as they're not acting like Christians right now.

Melanie said...

I'm sorry, but to me, when a Christian sins, it's more like a temporary lapse, a momentary loss of focusing on faith and grace, not malice aforethought to the point of robbing strangers, something which even most secular society would frown upon. It's difficult for to me reconcile the concepts of "Christian" "housebreakers and robbers". And who knows if they'd have used violence if Ron and Heather had walked in while they were in the midst of their dirty work? Robbers surely know this can happen, and they know if they can't utilise the "flight" response, they'd better be prepared for the "fight" response, which almost always means inflicting violence on the innocent they are robbing. I can't reconcile any real Christian participating in a crime which they already had to know could lead to that conclusion. (Reminds me of the gangbanger who gets killed in the drive-by, and his mother cries about "he was such a good boy" when he just did his second stint in prison for armed robbery). Ugh.