Thursday, December 27, 2012

Houstonitis

Boy, I feel lousy. 

Normally I'm not a sickly person.  Migraines, yeah.  Nausea and vomiting due to medication.  Yup.  But I don't get colds and flu, not until this year. 

I had 2 colds, very unusual for me.  Then I got this, which I'm thinking is some kind of flu.  I feel really tired, not much appetite, coughing and kind of achy.  However, I'm not running a fever so it could just be what one columnist termed "Houstonitis" Houstonitis  I read that 7 years ago and it stuck. 

God knows I hear a chorus of coughing everywhere I go.  That is the bad thing about living in the big city. 

Ron got hit harder than me, not surprising, but he's on the mend and we need to go to work.  So, I'm going. 

I don't have a fever.  I'll do what I've been doing, which is rest up as much as possible. 

It's kind of unusual for me.  It's not very often my medical symptoms outweigh the psychiatric ones.  This fatigue is purely medical. 

Yeah, I've got a layer of depression under there like some kind of nasty frosting, but I have the energy and motivation to clean the litter box.  I can live with this. 

God knows I am giving myself the nutritional support I need to heal, and that may be one reason I'm doing better than Ron.  I have to be EXTREMELY careful what I take, because decongestants are found in almost every remedy - and could cause a fatal seizure for me.  I stick to straight guiafenesin with a cough suppressant. 

The last thing I need are more problems. 

No comments: