Friday, December 28, 2012

Not the best day

I could make excuses.  I could. 

But I believe in being true to myself, honestly analyzing my flaws and saying "I messed up, I can do better." 

I did not have a good night.  I was up all night coughing (see, that would be the excuse), even with the safe-for-me cold medicine.  Ron had an equally bad night. 

We had a good ride to work.  I was relieved to hear the driver complain about getting over some virus, so she already had immunity.  We got to the warehouse and got the supplies, then rode to work. 

As I entered, the other vendor grabbed me.  My food machine was down.  I had to fix it.  The coffee machine was on free (I know, we did that on purpose) and "all the machines were empty".  Hm.  Interesting interpretation on that. 

That kind of set a negative tone for me, for a while.  I didn't exactly fight it, and I'm not proud of it. 

I informed her I would get right to it all, as soon as I got the cart and Ron's wheelchair so I could get him out of the cold.  I gave them their present and left. 

I got the supplies in the building.  I fixed the food machines (they were playing with the backup generators, which put the machines "down"), and threw away the perishable food because I had a health code warning. 

The machine triggers a health code warning when it is out of the preferred temperature range.  It was pretty discouraging, throwing away all the sandwiches. 

I turned off the "free" on the coffee machine, to the disappointment of several postal workers (I let them get their drinks before I shut it off).  Hey, it was on for 4 days.  We needed to refill just about everything.  Hopefully it will encourage them to try the machine. 

Everyone at work had a dry, hacking, cough, just like ours.  So, I'd guess we got it at work.  I noticed the other vendor's employees had it, too.  My chest hurts, I'm tired, and I can't shake the cough.  I'm glad we're not face to face. 

I would love to go to church, but not sick.  We have pregnant ladies, disabled people, newborns, need I go on?  I don't want to find out I infected someone.  I'm really glad we didn't go last week, when we were probably contagious.  They have an online service, so I can watch that. 

I would hate to think I made someone else feel like this, or worse, because I was selfish and thought of my own needs.   I want to make Jesus happy. 

Metrolift got us to work early, I needed the time, but we got it all done.  Snacks weren't too bad except for candy, which we couldn't afford, but we'll get it.  Sodas were also pretty dead and the food machines were down, so people couldn't buy from them.  The bottled soda vendor did pretty well. 

We went home.  An interesting driver, got to ranting.  If he wants a career in public transit he had better get better at hiding his emotions. 

Not as bad as the guy we had a few times, who kept telling me my neighbor was the antichrist.  I agreed after I caught the neighbor looking in my bedroom window one night.  [different neighborhood]

I went home and had a pretty good nap, until the neighbor kids came out to play.  It was pretty cold so they went in pretty quick, but I was wide awake and about due for some cough syrup.  I got up and took that. 

My Kindle was acting wierd.  I called Amazon, it's out of warranty, and dead.  [sob] 

Discouraging. 

No comments: