Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My new hat

Depression is back.  As I said on another forum, "I'm not making it a cup of coffee".

Did I expect it?  Yes.  Did I want it?  No.  Will I whine?  Somewhat, at least here.  LOL  I do try to be honest.

My first clue was last night's episode of hoarders.  It involved cats.  That is all I will say.  I was very upset when the woman said she "loved" cats.  She is fortunate they did not file criminal charges and send her to prison.

At any rate, I got more upset than my "usual", so upset I ended up with a new hat.

I should explain.  Baby Girl, the new kitten, is very much her own cat.  She is independent, loving, playful, and willful.  If she doesn't want a cuddle, she'll get up and leave.  She loves "taking" my chairs when I get up for a minute.  And her favorite thing in the world, my favorite too, is my special brand of cuddle.

When I had Frosty (I've had a little trouble missing Frosty lately because everyone's playing "Frosty the Snowman"), he loved to get in my lap.  He was my lap growth.  Oh, I loved him so.

Baby Girl is not a lap growth.  No.  She's a hat.

When I'm sitting in my chair, she likes to jump on the back of the chair (it's an IKEA armchair), and climb up to the top of the backrest cushion.  She then lies down, partly on the cushion, partly on my head.  That's her flavor of cuddle.

Yes, she lies on my head.  [laugh]  That's just how things work around here.  She lies on Ron like a necktie, on his chest, as he lies in bed.  I've said it before, but when Ron's home he's pretty much lying down in bed all the time.  She loves it.

I move around more, so I get a hat.

God love her little spotted soul.  She's a character, that's for sure.  I think God made her just for us.

No comments: