Saturday, December 22, 2012

A little dizzy

It's nice to have my music back.  I love to play my music while I work on the computer. 

While working on Ron's old computer - and might I say he was a LOT more generous than I, in sharing it (I think he was happy he could help "fix" the damage), I tried listening on headphones, but Ron couldn't talk to me. 

I wasn't about to load my stuff on his computer.  He's not a fan.  He gets all prune faced. 

The only thing that's worse than hearing my music, he'd say, is hearing me sing along with it.  But I have no doubt, if something awful happened he'd miss my singing along with everything else. 

I still have the depression, hoping I toss it by Christmas. 

In the meantime, I had no music while online.  Then, something happened this week.  A generous family member, an old computer languishing in a closet, maybe.  Like I said in the video blog, if I got a new-to-me I wouldn't talk about it. 

At any rate, I can load my music now. 

I'm a backup freak.  I had everything backed up, video, music, photos, everything except "500 Miles" by the Proclaimers - I hadn't gotten around to backing that up, but it's on the Amazon Cloud when I want it. 

Nice.  

Of course, I might be learning yet another operating system, media player, etc.  I do like the settings on this - I have to relog in everytime I get online. 

When I realized my old computer was gone, I WISHED so hard that I had set it up that way - instead I had cookies so people could run around wherever they wanted.  Until I changed the passwords - another new thing! 

I am NOT complaining, but I feel a little dizzy.  This month has been incredibly hectic.  I had an Acres Homes Bible handout - 108.  Then I got robbed.  Door fixed.  Borrow Ron's computer, which was reconditioned when we got it 4 years ago.  No wonder the crackheads didn't bother. 

After the robbery, the Sandy Hook shooting.  Bad memories for me of that psycho shooting up Dad's office.  Waiting and watching TV, wondering if he was coming home.  Depression (not a surprise in the context). 

Yet another Bible Handout, 65 this time.  After I got home did up 30-some bags of candy with a New Testament.  I only have a few left.  So, that's about 200 Bibles distributed just this month, in spite of the robbery. 

It was funny, at work today.  Someone moved some of our vending machines and accidentally unplugged my snack machine.  I was very, very, angry.  It was clear I was restraining myself, but very upset. 

I told Russell "I'm more upset about this than I was about being robbed!"  At any rate, I got everything fixed up, it looks good now.  Since the machine was off, it's still full, so it looks really good. 

Ron and I went into work today and stocked what we could, but this is the worst year ever for sales. 

No comments: