Thursday, December 6, 2012

Earthquake victims

For the record, I'm voting for "crackheads" robbing us.  Seems logical, they were angry - threw things around in my bedroom, went through my drawers (EWWWW - all that is soaking in HOT water in the washer), looking for stuff they could convert. 

I can see why they were mad about my bedroom - no jewelry.  Well, I gave the only valuable stuff away.  I don't like having valuable things around, they make me nervous, because something like this could happen. 

I'm surprised at the things they didn't take.  They literally only took the laptop. 

It got Ron and I talking about our "earthquake victims" theory.  When Ron worked in San Francisco, they used to have disaster drills.  During the drill, certain people would pretend to be "victims" - injured by the quake.  Earthquake victims.  Then the rescuers would come in and provide first aid. 

They were then graded on how well they provided care.  Did they move the person with a neck injury?  Did they ignore a critical patient? 

Times like this, Ron and I agree, we are serving a role as the "earthquake victim".  When Ron and Heather are robbed, what do you do? 

Already, I've seen a huge outpouring of support.  It's wonderful and renews my faith. 

I also see God's hand in things - the cats were not hurt, the home damage is repairable, I can sleep in my bed.  I'd like my laptop back of course but we'll see.  You never know, I just might see it again. 

No comments: