Thursday, December 13, 2012

My husband the Christmas tree

I had a thought today, which I shared on Facebook:  "Something funny. I had written out the first 18 years of my life, in detailt.  I hought I might publish it [someday]. Guess what was on the computer that got stolen? Along with video blogs with my testimony, Gospel Rap and Gospel metal, etc. Whoever got the computer has a virtual Heather witnessing to them wherever they go. LOL"

True.  I had a couple of sudden system crashes over the years, and I have learned to back up everything.  So, "my story" is backed up.  I only had 2 songs I hadn't backed up, but I'm sure I can re-download the one I really want from Amazon when I get my "new" computer. 

Speaking of, it's on the way.  It is a few years old.  Better than this one.  I can't even listen to music and get online!  I can post, however, and I used it to change all my passwords.  Good boy.  Saved my butt.  It's a good little workhorse, and I have spent many happy hours in front of it over the years, but it's time to retire from the online life and become Ron's boom box. 

Several people, upon hearing of the burglary, offered me their "old" computers.  I find that deeply touching - I have good friends and family. 

I have had a much easier time falling asleep at night.  I think I just needed a few days to adjust. 

I was lying in bed last night, under many layers.  Let me see, 2 fleece blankets; a quilt; 2 afghans, one knit, one crochet, both made by me in bright colors; that's it for what I have right now.  I have a couple more layers I could use.  I love my covers.  I love the colors, even though they clash, and the textures on the quiltt I bought at Walmart 10 years ago.  It's my bed, with my three pillows stacked in a pyramid formation, with mismatched covers.  My mattress, even though they threw it against the wall; and I sleep great.  Especially if I have a Bubba (which I didn't, last night). 

Ron and I love our new door.  It has a very tight seal, and it looks so much better than the old door.  The old door was originally brown, and the guy here before us coated it, badly, with some burgundy wood stain.  It looked pretty awful.  I wasn't sorry to see it go, but I did say goodbye to it before they carried it off.   We couldn't have afforded a new door on our own. 

I can only guess what the labor would have run to install it.  It took the guys nearly 2 days. 

We got some drinks for work at the warehouse and went in to stock.  While there, I saw the guy who ran over Ron, standing pretty close to Ron, who was sitting in his wheelchair.  The wheelchair is decorated with a tinsel garland, battery operated LED lights, a toy reindeer on the back, and some jingle bells.  He wears an elf hat with a jingle bell.  I like to do him up for the holidays - my husband the Christmas tree. 

I should interject something right now.  Every day I pray for people who "done us wrong" including everyone who robbed us (a rather long list these days), and this guy in particular.  I also take my medication faithfully, in spite of some pretty harsh side effects, and also ask God to "Put Your love in my heart". 

I was overcome with a feeling of goodwill (when my meds aren't right I get pretty snarly - but I keep it bottled up, I hope) when I saw him.  I waved at him as I went by and he nodded.  I went over and spoke to Ron, and when the guy hung up I noticed Ron was about to propel his wheelchair right into the guy. 

I told Ron to wait a minute "We don't want [name] in a knee brace for the holidays!" and we all chuckled.  He spoke briefly to Ron and I asked about his kids.  He was shocked, but said they were all doing great.  He wished us a Merry Christmas and then left. 

That is all God.  Me?  I'd go get something heavy and bludgeon HIM into a coma.  I watch Ron suffer every day due to his negligence as a driver.  But God enabled me to overlook that and see him as a person, instead.   He will never drive anything other than a motorcycle, his wife has to drive him anywhere.  His insurance rates would be astronomical because he ran a red light and ran over a blind man. 

Besides, it has got to suck, looking at Ron in the wheelchair and knowing he put Ron there.  I think that's one reason he tends to avoid us. 

No comments: