Saturday, December 1, 2012

Don't do it!

As you may know, I now have "sponsors" for the Bibles.  Some buy the Bibles online and have them shipped to my door (generally the guys do that).  Some just send me money and say "Get some Bibles" (generally the ladies).  Funny, you think they'd be reversed.

At any rate, when someone says "I want to get you Bibles" I always say yes.  Then, later on, I start feeling a little guilty.  

You see, bad things tend to happen to people who help me with the Handouts.  Ron, today, is wracked with neuropathy pain, after helping me with a handout last night.

One lady sent me some Bibles.  Her husband was very badly injured in an accident.

A man helped me with a Bible handout.  His wife threw him out 3 weeks later.

You get the idea; but it happens enough I almost hate to say "Thank you, of course I'd love some Bibles".

DON'T DO IT!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Try to think of all the people that send you Bible donations and things like this DON'T happen to them. I really believe that The Lord doesn't want these things to happen to people, they just do.

Anonymous said...

This is life! You are mixing upndaily turmoil for being jinxed, or whatever
If people want to donate, be gracious, say "thank you" and do not think because things happen to them it is relevant to you!

People have every right to give as you have the right to give
Do not stop the joy of others by a paranoia of general struggles in life! Shit happens do not be so Surebit is a result of your acts. Step back and look all this stuff ges on anyway on a daily basis

Again be gracious! You do nothing except receive and it makes others feel as good as you do to share in your efforts