Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Question

Here's a question: Do I treat a depression like a "normal" medical illness?  Is that "coddling"?  Even if it isn't, is it a good idea to curl up in bed on my day off and read all day?  Sleep a lot?

Even though I have no energy or motivation for it, I will be taking a bath/shower shortly.  I'm glad I changed the sheets before the depression hit.  I have to take a shower before I go to bed so the bed stays fresh.  I have a nice candle I bought when manic.  I'll burn that for a while.

I won't be reading my Kindle.  Not until they make them waterproof.  But a friend did send me a book on recovery so I can work on that.

I've always felt that it's "wrong" on some level to pamper myself when depressed.  I know, on some levels, that's wrong.  I know on other levels it's exactly what I should be doing.

Hence, taking my vitamins as I ate my corn pops today.

If nothing else, gluten free seems to be agreeing with me.  I've had very little nausea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new pictures of the cat are adorable. I figured this was an ok place to say it...

Heather Knits said...

Oh, that's great. I wasn't sure anyone would notice. :)