Saturday, November 18, 2023

My boss went off on me last night

 It is scary at times; she is irrational, and a bully.  I do think she got a glimpse into why I do things the way I do, though.  Even she said it made sense the way I did it but then she went right to you have to do all these other things.  

I am only there for six hours.  I cannot do the same amount of work as someone who is there for eight.  I also have additional jobs to do.  And those jobs fall under my job description, when I open the app it says "My Name" "My job description" and I think my store number.  When it comes to it, I'm going to do the thing under my job description.   

That said I did sleep pretty well anyway.  I am getting better.  I think I did the right thing taking Wednesday off and getting ahead of this thing.  I didn't take anything last night and I feel pretty good, I'm just congested.  I am running low on cold medicine so I'm going to see what they have if I get a chance before work.  I don't want to be anywhere near the pharmacy after it opens up.  

It won't come as a surprise to hear my pharmacy employs mainly young people with, I assume, good immune systems.  The only older employees are the actual pharmacists.  Everyone wears a mask.  

I truly hate wearing a mask but I did for a few days, until, last night, I was sitting in the breakroom and everyone around me is hacking and sniffling and I realized "everyone is already sick".  One new hire in particular had a very nasty cough last week.  She still has it - she's probably patient zero.  So I don't see the point, everyone else has already been exposed to this thing.  

If my boss had gone home when she started feeling unwell last week, rather than come over to my work area and spend some time talking to me, I probably wouldn't have gotten sick.   I washed my hands after she left and took some herbs when I got home but I did not follow up.  

I am drinking some Traditional Medicinals tea (Seasonal sampler), and some "Sinus Buster" herbal tea from the Chinese grocery store.  I am taking powdered vitamin C AND Emergen-C.  And I am taking various cold remedies based on my symptoms.  And I am fairly functional.  Oh I forgot I am also taking oregano oil capsules.  

Back to my boss she had said to someone else, in my hearing, she was not feeling very festive this year.  And there I was wearing a Santa hat and a Merry Christmas t-shirt.  Not my best move.  I will tone down the Christmas spirit around her.  

I need to get ready.  Well I did the important work of feeding the cats.  All ready to go.  

I am really dreading work today and that is sad.  


No comments: