Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Work was OK yesterday

 Just hard with it being a Monday.  Today will be more challenging as the challenging boss is there my whole shift.  Tomorrow won't be bad I only have her 2 hours.  Thursday and Friday I have her all night.  I am torn because on the one hand she gets the other employees to perform.  On the other she treats me like a slacker even when I am working.  

It is very unusual that I had access to the schedule this week but at least I know what to expect.  

Voting was going to be tricky for me today but my aunt found a place near the store that is doing early voting.  So I will go there and vote then go to work if it all works out.  Another place on the way home is doing voting as well so I could always drop by there, even though it is a terrible neighborhood.  

It was getting dark when I came home last night, I found it highly depressing.  I had to calibrate the timer on my Christmas tree as it hadn't come on yet, but my Handout tracts did come.  

I think I had mentioned on Friday I was sitting (about the only bus stop I will sit and and more on that in a minute) at my home bus stop and some contractors were digging up the middle of the street to put in a turn lane.  One of the foremen said "I'll dig here if I can" pointing at his feet "But I may need to dig over there" pointing at my feet.  I was not happy to hear that.  But when I came home last night it was OK.  

Two of the 3 bus stops I used yesterday had been defiled in unspeakable ways.  It is apparently a thing in Houston to use a public bus stop as your litter box.  I find it vile, unsanitary, and disgusting.  I don't know if they are just that drunk or have continence issues, but it's awful.  Especially after a long day at work when my feet are tired and ALL I want to do is sit down for a minute.  Even the other homeless are disgusted.  

The bus stops have each been violated repeatedly in the last year or so.  Maybe it is the same person.  They are 3 different bus stops for the same route.  They need to put a camera and find out who it is.  It just makes my commute awful.  

And I'm not talking someone whizzed - it was worse.  Thank God I can see to avoid it I don't know what Ron would have done.  

I need to take my shower.  That's done.  

I plan to get the number of the bus stop today and then call in and ask them to remove the shelter, Wednesday.  It is overrun by homeless people; actual citizens never get a chance to sit, when it is "clear" someone has sh*t everywhere and you can't.  Maybe they will go somewhere else if it is gone.  That happened at one major intersection, they took the bus shelter and only had a pole with a sign by the road, presto all the homeless and weirdos loitering at the stop had to move on.  Sure I will "have to stand" but I do anyway because the bench is so, so, filthy.  I think it's the only solution that will work.  

They don't have the manpower with the Metro Police, or the will I'd imagine, to roust the homeless every time they settle in so just take it away.  I will stand.  

Maybe Metro will listen, maybe they won't, but I will ask.  It is just getting really bad of late the work to home stop someone crapped in there twice in two weeks.  And it's not private it has glass on 3 sides and open on the other.  It's just that bench.  They sit when traffic is going by, get up and beg when the light's red, then sit down again.  It is near a food place although they apparently don't want to use the bathroom...or it's closed - could be.  

At any rate it is off to vote, then off to work.  Should be interesting.  

I got one property tax bill it was $600 but the amendment will hopefully pass today and knock my taxable value from $110,000 down to $11K.  I could use that my taxes would be great if we can do that.  We will see!  

That's it for now.  

No comments: