Saturday, November 11, 2023

Very early Saturday

 I made some mistakes yesterday I admit it.  

I didn't look at the detailed forecast.  

I didn't look at the projected wind.  

I didn't bring my lunch.  

So my commute found me outside in freezing cold, damp, weather with a nasty wind.  The bus never came and then the NEXT bus never came, so I was over an hour waiting.  I was outside over 2 hours total.  

I did have an evangelism frenzy (not sure how it started just all these random thug looking guys asking for candy with tracts) on the first bus when it did come so I laughed at God when I got off, "I get why that had to happen, now".  

I got to work 20 minutes before my shift started and had to buy and eat my lunch in that time, also buy some Diet Dew for myself to drink during my shift.  I did all that and managed to clock in 3 minutes before starting time.  

No one tells me to "go do the zone" anymore I just go over to "my" aisles every day at 2 and do it.  The manager came by while I was, very happy to see me.  "How did you know?""  I told him my default now is I do the zone, on these aisles, every day unless I hear otherwise.  He said something like "very good" and then mentioned "You weren't there when I looked earlier I hope your day was OK?"  I told him my buses broke down and I was running very late but I still clocked in on time, I had been wondering why I left the house so early every day but I got a good reminder!  I kept it light, we laughed about it, he moved on after agreeing I should just "always" do those aisles every day I work at 2.  So I felt good about that and left it looking good when I did leave.  

My "actual" job was nuts today I felt really bad for my boss.  Of our team, only a few were actually working and I know for sure at least 3 disappeared for hours.  She caught on of course but I think is limited; she can't fire them until she has a replacement  

One of her "good workers" got promoted so she is out that person as well.  

The problem, I think, the other guys are paying more.  So the good workers are going to Home Depot, Target, the grocery stores, etc   She is stuck hiring second and third string workers, 3/4 of them do not speak English well at all.  

All in all I am glad I do MY job and not hers.  Not for any amount of money!  

So I did my job to the best of my ability.  She kept calling me and asking me to do additional things which I did as much as possible.  I got my lunch a little late but only 8 minutes late.  I can't say why I always take my lunch late when I work nights but I had 52 minutes to go when I got back!  Happily the computer let me do this when I did clock out for the night.  

After work I did some shopping.  The laundry tablets are $20 now?  They have GOT to be kidding.  I didn't get those.  The one time I had a repairman out for the washer he said half a cup of vinegar would work fine in the cleaning cycle.  

Since I "zone" up the snacks, cookies, etc. every day I had some good ideas for things I could put in my lunch so I got keto bread, lunch meat, sliced cheese, stick cheese, little containers of pickles that are lunch boxed sized, some individual sized things of popcorn, etc.  I also got some more milk.  I plan to make up lunches on Sunday and put them in the fridge - different things - and then grab one at random every day so I have a good lunch that is a little bit of a surprise.  I need to get some fruit on Sunday too  

I went by apparel.  Last night I realized I needed to get more festive at work; wear my Santa hat, get some t shirts.  We had a "Merry Christmas" one I wanted to get in particular.  So I got a "Merry Christmas" and a "Jingle all the way".  I also got one of the sherpa fleece pullovers.  I found it is very warm and light, in a bright red.  When I checked out I found out it was also on clearance.  

A lot of women have fibroids, which lead to anemia and being cold all the time, so it is not uncommon to see several young to middle aged ladies at work wearing these pullovers even in the summer.  The nice thing for an employee they don't have a hood so are OK with the dress code.  

The team leads had been telling us the company would give us our 10% discount on groceries now and I found that to be true when I paid last night; very nice.  

Ace came right on time so that was great.  I called my parents when I got home and went to bed around 11; woke up at 3.  I wasn't sleeping any more so I decided to do some laundry and get online for a while.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: