Sunday, November 5, 2023

I think the Brie is a problem

 [Yesterday]

I bought a Brie cheese wheel at work for $5 a while back and have been nibbling on it.  But I think it is a headache trigger.  I will finish it but I don't think I'll buy more, which is a shame as I liked eating it.  Like Biscuit, I love cheese.  Unlike Biscuit I love ALL cheese.  

I had a pretty good nap with Cleo, she was my calico cinnamon roll in the bed.  She has "classic tabby" markings on her side in the black fur so she does look like a cinnamon roll, especially when she's curled up and sleeping.  Very cute.  

The yard guys are here.  I left them a snack.  I don't have blinds in the orange room so I have to wonder what they think of the tree.  The cats are terrified of yard guys.  It isn't the mower or the weed whacker so much as the dreaded leaf blower.   But there is plenty of room under the bed for them to hide.  

I am debating doing the lights tonight or waiting until I have more garland and the ornament hooks.  I think my parents would get a kick out of the lights tonight so I'll likely do them.  And I have black yarn so I could make loops for the hooks, probably safer for the cats.  

I was really happy to find my tried and true "Merry Christmas" felt hat.  I plan to wear it from Black Friday up through Christmas eve.  It is pretty warm and not very flattering but I always enjoyed wearing it.  

[Today]

I slept great, went to bed early after I talked to Dad.  He shared some medical info with me about a poor prognosis.  From my understanding, he has about 5-8 years left, so that's rough.  

I told him I am voting for him and Mom to get taken out by a big rig on the freeway so they don't have to mourn each other.   He laughed and said he would be on the freeway tonight, I told him he's saved so I know where he'd go.  

They made it home fine of course.  

I will do the ornaments for my tree later today, use the black yarn to hang it.  I don't like the look of ornament hooks.  For a cat, I mean, it looks like it would perforate an intestine.  

I am happy with how the tree's going so far.  


I have to get ready for church.  That's it for now.  

No comments: