Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Tuesday morning

 I thought it would suck having to take my lunch early; it did not.  I did realize my job is pretty quiet the hour I generally do go to lunch, though.  

The grocery zone (cleanup) was another matter though that was insane, customers asking me a million questions, my area an utter mess (who feeds their kid Gushers candy for Thanksgiving?).  I kept getting congested again when my cold medicine wore off so I kept taking it.  

And boy, by the time I left I was flying high on cold medicine.  It was embarrassing.  But I got home OK and didn't make too big an ass out of myself.  When I realized I was talking too much to the bus driver I went in the back and listened to my music for a while.  

And an interesting development: a man got off the bus the same time I did and I let him go ahead.  He walked on the side of the street right next to the bad dog's house and it didn't bark, come out, anything.  If they still have it, it is definitely well confined.  That was encouraging.  

I will need another couple passes (on the OTHER side of the street!) before I feel safe again but I do feel better having seen that.  It is very windy this morning so I'm a little concerned it might get out but other than that I feel much better about my commute.  I still plan to bring my stick every day.  

Funny note, yesterday I told you about my "coach" he is above my team lead so pretty high up the store management.  He saw me leaving with my stick yesterday and his eyes bugged out, I could tell he was thinking I had been injured or was now physically disabled in some way.  I reassured him "This if for bad dogs on my route (to work)" and he smiled and nodded.  

I couldn't take my medicine Sunday because I was vomiting so I was pretty hyper when I got home.  I wanted to drink my protein shake, take my medicine, give it time to kick in and then talk to my parents (so I wouldn't make them nervous) but they were going out to dinner with my brother and his family.  So I talked to them anyway, then went to bed about 6:30.  I had a little trouble dropping off but I figured (correctly) just lying down would help.  And I did drop off after about 20 minutes and slept pretty well all night - I only woke up once. 

No regrets on that.  Interestingly enough I will only need 3 rides this pay period two of them Friday and Saturday.  One today if I can arrange it.  

When I woke up I could hear the wind blowing so it's going to be nasty out there.  I found my long underwear and laid it out next to my jeans to wear later.  I am doing a rinse cycle on my laundry, I like to rinse the towels with some vinegar it gets the detergent out.  

I need to take my shower.  Did that.  

I have the sweetest cats, I love them so.  They could not be any cuter.  I did find it telling, when my sinuses were bothering me Sunday and Monday, the research I did said "avoid allergens" and I am of course allergic to cats.  What did I do all day Sunday?  Sleep with the cats.  May not have helped my sinuses but it did help my overall health.  

I did up a fair amount of candy for the day, I hope to go to the local grocery store after work and then have Ace bring me home after I'm done shopping.  I don't want to go tomorrow, that's for sure.  

I still don't feel 100% so I don't know what I'm doing Thursday.  I do know I am probably still contagious so I won't be doing a Handout.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: