Thursday, November 2, 2023

Thursday morning

 So I'm planning a Bible Handout for Thanksgiving because I know better than many how much that day can SUCK, and how someone might be open to a Bible.  

It took me a while to find the right tract but I went with "You are not alone" from Bible Tracts, Inc.  It is exactly what I wanted.  A lot of the themed tracts focus on "You need to be grateful" etc. but I am thinking about the person in the abusive relationship, or coming from a toxic family.  They're not going to feel very grateful unless they just got out of that.  

I guess it's a "When all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail" approach.  Since I come from a toxic background (we can all agree on that) I can see that a lot of others are also going to have a bad day as well.  Anyway, happy with the tract and it should get here in time.  

I got some clearance candy last night, nothing I can eat but some stuff I can hand out.  Last night at work the boss was off and it showed, my team just stood around gabbing in Spanish, ignoring me, 2 women from the Caribbean were talking crap about me in patois.  I know very little French but what I did hear wasn't flattering.  And nobody did their work.  I'm only giving one person candy tonight and she didn't work last night.  

I start at 2 my only hope is that the boss leaves at 4.  We will see.  Another Team Lead will be working until 8 and the unofficial Team Lead so the others should actually put in some work tonight.  

But I am looking forward to the Handout, I only did one back in 2010 but it was very popular according to my blog entries.  I just feel like people really need it this year.  

I need to figure out my dinner as well.  I could buy a smoker and make Cheddar Burgers.  Or smoke some sausage.   I could make a gumbo.  I could make chicken in red wine sauce.  

I could make a pork roast or a beef roast, stew, lots of options.  But years ago everyone was asking me what I was eating for dinner so I need some sort of "tasty" reply.  Savory, I mean.  

I could always buy a TV dinner or a pot pie tomorrow night and do that.  But I think that would depress the recipients.  

I'll figure it out.  I don't want to make a box of stuffing; I love stuffing but that was too many carbs.  I would like some leftovers to take to work as well.  

I thought I would feel better going off the diet soda; I did not.  So I am drinking it again (short story).  

That's it for now.  

No comments: