Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Election results

 So the things I wanted to pass (prop 4) did pass.  I can't talk about more local elections as that nails down where I live.  I will say I had gone into the election planning to vote against the $$$$$ hospital district expansion until I read they want to add an additional trauma center.  

The trauma center at Hermann hospital gave me an additional 18 years with Ron so I can't be a hypocrite.  So I voted yes and so did most of the other voters.  

I don't live in Rosenberg and they had many, many, things up to vote I felt sorry for them.  I also voted for a cost of living adjustment (higher) for the retired teachers which passed.  

Not crazy about the mayor but it was really a choice between Mr Piss and Mr Shit as Ron used to say.  Neither is a good choice but one was worse, in my opinion.  I won't say more.  

Mom and Dad have gotten in the habit of calling me later.  Dad has used the term "Congestive Heart Failure" 3 times now in conversation with me so he doesn't have a long lifespan.  I'm not going to begrudge a sick old man his phone call.  I'm just a little sleep deprived.  

I guess I could go back to riding in to work with the neighbor and getting up later every day.  I might do that Tuesdays I am thinking.  I need to work the budget.  I also need to figure out rides home Thursday and Friday this week.  Ace seems happy for the business.  I didn't call Jack because last month was the 1 year anniversary of his wife's death and I knew that would be hard.  

When I did get to sleep I slept OK I woke up a couple of times but that is standard, and I'd had a lot of caffeine.  My pay should "drop" today so that will be good.  I need to get the food for the drive so I can take it to church on Sunday.  I am looking forward to the shopping for that.  

I might do another post before I leave but that's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The trauma center at Hermann hospital gave me an additional 18 years with Ron so I can't be a hypocrite. " So you got 18 additional years of abuse with Ron. Not something I would brag about.

Heather Knits said...

Well I have been thinking about this. You can say I had an epic love story where he came back from the dead for me. Or you can say he was an abusive drunk. Both are true

I believe he loved me as well as he could but we were both very, very, damaged. One reason I am not looking for another husband even though Ron wanted me to remarry .