Friday, November 17, 2023

This always makes me sad

So they offered us a free meal last night.  It was well cooked, I have not gotten sick.  Was it divine?  No, but it was free so I ate it.  

I noticed a lot of people stashing food and it got me thinking I can spot someone who has also been starved; most of them are immigrants but some people born in the US, because they cannot pass up a plate of free food.  They will hoard expired donuts, etc. even though they taste awful, food they would never buy, just because it IS food.  

I went to a lot of church style buffets growing up and you can bet I would have been paddled if I got greedy so I learned to "watch it" pretty fast but it still pops up now and then, like when I found that ground beef on sale for $1.50 a pound.  I couldn't walk away.  

And that's one reason I don't have a deep freeze I would stuff it full of meat I would never touch, I would lose power in some natural event, and it would all go bad.  I don't want a generator I think that would make me a target.  

It makes me sad, a child should be able to count on regular meals growing up.  Some of us could not, at least me, for a while.  It makes me sad when I see that in others.  

So off I go to work.  Please pray it is a boring and efficient ride to work.  A quick night and then home to do it all again tomorrow.  

I did pay the water bill even though she said it wasn't due for a few weeks.  I need to investigate setting up an auto pay on that.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Know that you are not alone.

Heather Knits said...

Thank you. What I find so sad there are so many went through far worse.