Saturday, November 4, 2023

Some thoughts on my cats

 I've had a good morning with Biscuit (except for looking at my schedule in 2 weeks!  Ack!).  I slept with him last night, slept in a little bit with him this morning curled up on me, sharing my breakfast with him (he is interested in the concept of brie=cheese but not in the brie itself).  He's a fantastic cat and a joy to me.  

And it got me thinking almost always my special cats have been boys.  Frosty, Bubba, Biscuit, all boys.  All very sweet and cuddly with me.  They liked Ron alright and Bubba used to sleep on him but Ron always belonged more to the girl cats.  And that's fine.  

If you're in my house I love you, you're "mine" and will cherish and defend you.  

On a side note the store is giving us an extra discount soon.  "For anything we want a one time purchase" and all I can think about is "cat food".  

But it always seems to be the boy I have a special bond with.  Cleo and I are tight but she has issues being a former feral, spooks easily, etc.  She is more "my" cat when I'm in bed that's the only place she feels safe approaching me, and that's fine, she's made tremendous progress since I met her 4 years ago.  Biscuit is my cat anytime, anywhere.  

What I see with Spotty he will take over that role when Biscuit goes to Jesus.  

No comments: