Thursday, November 23, 2023

So do I tell the truth?

 Or do I post some sugary feel good crap?  

I took my antidepressant it being a Thanksgiving alone without my husband or aunt.  I really miss holidays with her family kids running around, etc.  Talking about how Ron always wanted his "plate" in a ziplock bits of turkey, dressing, green beans, gravy all mixed up in a hash.  Then when I got home he would eat it out of the bag with his bare hand.  It was (I felt) cute to watch him enjoy his food.  

But it's just me and the cats so I took my pills, ate a couple bananas for breakfast, tried to figure out my cell phone (props to Motorola for trying to make it easy).  

I do wish I had been able to do the Handout but I'm still sick and I don't want to give someone a nasty cold.  Or if they have an underlying condition it could be worse.  

I forgot to tell you.  Yesterday two manic young women, about 16, got on the bus.  They were running wild all over the bus and a young black man in the back was flirting with them.  They put on a little show for him and I could hear him making approval noises sitting behind me.  He asked where they were going and they said to buy drugs.  

Yeah.  

He said oh let me help you out then and he gave them a $20 and told them he always buys his drugs at Imperial Valley and Greens road.  

That was where I've been working all summer.  Good to know I was in the right spot!  Did alright, too!  

I was preoccupied with my dead phone but that did catch my attention.  

I also started my cycle yesterday but it hasn't been bad, and the way my body works if it's going to be bad Day 2 (today) is it.  

The cold is still hanging on, a lot of post nasal drainage and coughing, but last weekend it looked/felt like I was working on a sinus problem so I am happy to have it doing this instead.  I feel bad for people around me when I'm coughing though.  

I don't feel up for cooking so I need to figure out what I'm doing for dinner.  

"Keep on Loving you" just came up on Youtube.  Which brings the question would I ever find a man to love me at MY worst?  Which can be pretty bad....doubtful.  

At any rate I am doing laundry and going to see what is a marathon on TV.  

I will try to put up a Biscuit video (with a little bonus Cleo and Spotty footage) if I can figure it out.  

It's not letting me post, sorry.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't romanticize Ron and the holidays. He was still an abusive jerk and spent most of his time drunk off his ass. Your holiday visit to your aunt I can see missing because it got you out of the house and away from Ron and it felt like a holiday being around good people, good food and good company. Anyway Happy Thanksgiving. The holidays suck for a lot of people, even those that have family.