Friday, November 10, 2023

Work was OK last night.

 I can say now I gave some gifts to my family from Samaritan's purse, charity donations in their name for various things like Bible classes for little kids (my aunt, who has 9 grand kids), blankets (for someone at work), and I believe I donated a Bible in Mom and Dad's name.  Mom kept exclaiming my sister had been wanting to do something like this - charity donations instead of tangible gifts - for a while now.  Maybe I will kick it off now.  I would be happy if my family just donated Bibles or chickens or whatever in my name to someone in need.  

We all have enough JUNK.  And it saves all the hassle and expense of shipping as well (sorry, Post Office).  Dad in particular was thrilled.  So I'm glad I did that.  

I stayed in budget, too.  I still have to finish the wrap for Mom and mail that but I will.  

I will say about the only "gift" I'd like some pictures of my sister's cat dressed up.  She gets Chester (long story) little costumes (Chester is a girl).  She is adorable and a sweet "little" girl so some photos would be wonderful.  

My boss was OK last night mainly because I was working every time she came by!  She likes to sneak up on us and every time she did there I was plugging away.  

It's raining this morning so that won't be fun; but it's not the torrential downpour I had last night when I was working.  

It did stop by the time I left, it was raining some but not bad.  I need to call Ace; I think some of my text messages are not getting through.  I hope he can get me tonight.  

 Open enrollment ends today and I had been thinking it would be nice to get some life insurance.  Just a couple thousand to whoever cleans out the house, a couple thousand fun money for them, a couple thousand for a Bible charity, and a couple thousand to whoever took the cats.  

BUT they had a lot of very detailed health questions I did not feel comfortable answering.  If it was independent then, yes.  I understand why.  If I have a history of say shooting IV drugs that is going to influence their choices.  I do have a history of depression - I cop to that - and they wanted my doctor's information, pharmacy, city of birth (I found that one the most distressing).  So I opted out of that.  

Dad was saying life insurance is mainly to pay off the house anyway and mine is paid off.  And if I get raptured the cats are going with and 99% of my family.  

I did talk to Ace and he is coming tonight.  Good.  

I have some rather heavy canned goods to take to church on Sunday, I also want to do grocery shopping after, so I may take the hand cart to church and park it in the lobby where they have people put their backpacks and bags.  It will be an interesting test of the church.  

So far they have been welcoming even hearing I am on the bus and disabled - they just can't fathom not having a car, but I can't fathom a radiator repair.  So I think I come out ahead.  

It is raining but not hard so I will just take the bus today.  It should cut down the hassles at the transit center and clean up some of the bus stops.  

I have that boss tonight but I think I'll be fine.  They are all (team leads) really busy with this Black Friday stuff.  I wonder how our sales did today.  

I just remembered I meant to buy the "Mama's Boy" sweater for Biscuit.  I need to think about that.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not appropriate for you to use the meager income you have to take out a life insurance policy on yourself. You have no children that will need looking after or a husband that will need help. Let that go.

Have you inquired about switching your phone plan and internet service provider yet? This is what you should be focused on so that you can save money on your monthly fixed expenses and put that aside as an emergency fund.

Heather Knits said...

Well my property tax is going down. Plan to split the difference between paying off credit card and emergency fund.