Saturday, November 4, 2023

Saturday morning

 Why is Walmart happy to have me work my hours?  I don't complain, ever.  A good example tax free weekend one coworker had emergency back surgery and another managed to get vacation time approved.  So they worked me 8 days in a row and I got a $900 paycheck.  

2 weeks from today I work a Friday night and then a Saturday morning.  I have a 12 hour gap between leaving and coming back - won't complain to them.  I may bitch a little online and to coworkers who are resentful of my schedule (I have no clue why I'm getting weekends off).  That cuts a lot of envy actually so I don't mind.  And, they're paying me.  

So today I got started on Christmas.  I put this up first: 


It took a little more effort than I thought because I had to move the stepladder around and move things by the wall so I could reach up.  That's my computer with the TV to the right.  

Then I got the tree out of the garage, it was very neatly put away.  I was very proud of myself for organization.  The tree stand was wrapped up in the tree skirt and the 3 pieces of the tree were in order in the box.  So I put that up, and my tinsel garland (can't do real tinsel around cats), lights are neatly rolled up on the floor.  


I will do the lights later (I feel I could use another garland but this works).  I had planned to do my (shatterproof) ornaments too but I can't find the hooks.  I can get more tomorrow and then hang the ornaments (red and green).  

I will do my door wrap thing on Black Friday.  It's a jolly Santa with a reindeer and snowflakes.  Now personally I would do a black Santa but they didn't have a wrap with that.  So I'll go with this one.  

Amazingly, I am going on years now, the cats don't bother the tree at all.  They sniff presents I put under the tree that is it.  

I suspect the cat door has a lot to do with it; if they want to climb a tree they can, outside.  

I am also doing laundry.  I was a little cold this morning so I put on sweatpants and a t shirt.  I am comfortable.  It is supposed to warm up today which will be nice.  

(Adoptive) Mom is traveling back to CA to my Dad today so he is very eager to see her.  I sent him some pictures of the decorating (he asked).  

That's it for now.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neighbor had her tree lit this morning, so I got mine out.
I've been wondering if we'll be here for another Christmas the way things are going.