Friday, November 17, 2023

Friday morning

 Something funny happened last night.  A few days ago in the breakroom we were talking about music and I said, oh, no one likes my stuff, I'm into the Gospel rappers, Gospel metal, that sort of thing.  Someone goes, Gospel rappers, who does that?  I named off a couple artists I like.  

I didn't think anything of it until last night when a coworker walked up to my table in the break room and said "I heard you like Trip Lee" and I named off a few things he did, he named some other artists and I named off songs.  He asked what else do you like and I handed him my phone with my Bible Handout playlist about 40 of my favorites.  He scrolled down nodding and making sounds of approval.  It was very funny because we are so dissimilar.  We're about the same age but he is black and a veteran and I am neither.  

But that is what faith in Christ brings you, family where you don't expect it.  No there is no "interest" with this guy, besides I'm not his type.  

Work last night was OK but the one boss worked the whole shift with me, and took her lunch when I did so I was "On' the whole shift.  She mentioned she works today so that means we won't overlap much.  

I am feeling better it's just going to be a few days.  I am thinking to skip church this week 1.  Because I don't want to walk miles and 2.  I don't want to get anyone sick.  also 3. I only have the one day off.  

I am just a little tired.  But I think the best thing I did was take that one day off when I first got sick, stay home, sleep, drink all the potions, take all the vitamins, etc.  Yes I got a ding on attendance but that's what it's for.  

I understand why the other people at work felt they had to go into work sick but I wish, of course, they had not.  But also at the church there were little kids grabbing at the donuts in the great room picking them up putting them down etc.  So some sick little kid could have grabbed a donut I ate.  

But I won't feel right "giving the peace" along with a rhinovirus.  I just hope I am better by Thanksgiving that is one thing I will not do: a Handout, when I am sick.  I think that would be a terrible thing to do, spread a nasty cold among the recipients.  I can always do it later.  

I very seldom get a cold of flu so this is new territory for me but I am clear on that.  That's it for now.  

No comments: