Thursday, November 23, 2023

So work yesterday was crazy

 And I had sworn to myself I was going straight home after work.  It was a tough day and exacerbated by the fact I couldn't wash my hands all day with the cut finger and the bandage.  I couldn't wait to log out of the app on my cell phone and run out of there.  

What I needed, I thought, as I got on the "early" bus (running late enough I caught it), was some music.  So I pulled out my cell phone.  And it was dead.  I tried everything as I rode down the road.  Dead.  I did manage to get a text off to Dad that my phone was acting up.  

I call Dad at set times every night so I didn't want him worried.  Especially after I have been talking about homeless issues and bad dogs.  So Dad was covered.  

But oh crap that meant I had to go to the cell phone store the day before Thanksgiving at 5 PM.  It was as crazy as I expected.  It took me an hour but I got a new phone.  

The clerk was very honest.  He said he had a cheaper phone but it wasn't very good.  So I went with the Motorola G Play.  So far I am very impressed it was a VERY easy setup (work app was totally easy, logging in with my Google account, and Carb manager), and the audio quality - the voices I hear, are fantastic.  I hope I sound as good!  The phone was made a month ago as well and has 32 gigs which should be plenty for now.  I got a pretty flowered case.  

Then I had to get home.  It was pitch black and the parking lot was a mess.  But I did it.  The neighbors were cooking delicious foods I could smell them as I walked home.  

The cats were happy to see me even though it was almost 8.  I called Dad and told him about my day, heard about his.  Then I went to bed.  

I slept in as late as I could which turned out to be around 8 AM.  It was a wonderful pile of me, cats, blankets.  

If I ever remarry I am going to need a bigger bed because the cats occupy a lot of space and of course they will be sleeping with us.  Assuming I remarry which I find unlikely, I am disabled, I have baggage, I am also a terrible housekeeper which is very important to most men.  

Anyway that's it for now.  

Edit to add, when I did get home I wished I had a man to help me take the load off, to meet, me, take my coat, how was your day?  I sat on the couch and Biscuit came running over, purring, got in my lap and began kneading me.  Even better!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would have been the time to switch your cell phone plan to something a lot cheaper. You could be paying $35 a month but instead you are choosing to pay a ridiculous amount of money. Straight Talk is cheaper and they have affordable cell phones. When these companies give you a phone it is not free, you are paying for that phone in your cell phone contract. Why don't you want to save money?

Heather Knits said...

I am paying $35 a month? I also have insurance on it which is $8 and I always round up my bills...

Anonymous said...

On September 30th you said your cell phone bill was $50 a month. Cell phone insurance is a scam unless you are using a smart phone that costs $1000. You can get a perfectly good cell phone for under 50.00 and not need the insurance

Heather Knits said...

[speaking slowly] I said I ROUND up the bill - so $43 actual bill = $50 line item in my budget.

You can buy a phone cheap but no guarantee it's going to last. I would rather go with the next best. Not the top of the line but an actual brand I recognize and have owned before, which is what I did. No regrets on that even though it was $101 with the case. Hopefully this one will also last me a couple of years. I am hard on my phones and they only seem to be good for 2-3 years.

Anonymous said...

You are paying almost $100 a year for a phone that is worth $100. So what's the point in paying for the insurance? Plus this insurance doesn't even replace the phone if something happens to it so it is a waste of $8.00 a month to even bother with the insurance. If you want to keep getting scammed with the insurance go ahead - but it's wasteful.