Monday, November 20, 2023

I made it to work

 I took my shower last night so I could sleep in later today.  I will do that again tonight.

Biscuit is so cuddly it is hard to leave him, but I tore myself away.  The only dog I saw was a small, leashed, "yapper" type that always growls at me.  I think he smells the cats, probably not neutered either.  His owner scolded him. 

I walked on the side away from the big dogs house and I didn't see or hear it.  I guess the owner fixed how he got out.  I had my stick, I think it is a good deterrent for all sorts of problems.

Ride to work was uneventful other than finding out one of my drivers "quit or was fired" per his replacement.  The guy wasn't talking about a new job so I think he got canned.  But the new driver happily took the candy.  God knows I gave the old guy everything I had.

I got to work early which meant I faced a stampede of departing night shift workers.  Kind of funny.  Even the FAS guy who comes in very early every shift  couldn't wait to go home.

The new driver told me they are "doing the bid" in January so I will have him for a while yet.  I got the feeling he had heard about me as he wasn't surprised by the candy.  New drivers generally gape at me when I offer it.  The ones who know (of) me take it as a matter of course.

Thats it for now.  I can always use prayers for a good day for me, family, friends.

Thank you!

No comments: