Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Today was nuts!

 So 5:45 AM finds me waiting on my bus, as usual M-W, in a deserted industrial area.  And waiting.  And waiting.  I get a text message alert "my" bus broke down about the same time the next one arrives, almost an hour later.  

There's a business near work where they were doing voting, I got off at that stop - the driver was so cute, she stopped in front of the store and reminded me to get off - instead of work and voted without a problem.  

After I voted I'm walking along the sidewalk.  

YUCK ALERT SKIP TO *** IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.  

So I'm walking along the sidewalk and I realize there are piles of human feces everywhere.  There is a man lying on the sidewalk among them and I realize he is the "crapper" who keeps ruining my bus stop.  He very aggressively panhandles but I ignore him and keep walking, to be called a bitch and worse.  

I went back to work and resolved to sic the health department on the man.  They did a very good job with the rat problem next door about 13 years ago.  

****

I work, pretty standard day.  The grocery store manager seems happy to have me "on the zone" (making it look good) every day.  My boss is happy to let me go and I am happy to have an hour "break" with someone who says please and thank you.  

I leave and see the panhandler across the street from the bus stop.  He is so drunk he can't sit up.  I blame the gas station he's in front of; they are the ones selling him the alcohol.  They are not allowed to sell to intoxicated persons.  I kept an eye on him.  

My bus comes.  There is a disabled man takes the only free seat in the front where I would have sat to talk to the driver.  I sit in the back and realize the woman in the front behind the driver has a nasty wet cough.  So I decide I'm not moving up until she gets off.  

And the guy behind me starts rambling.  I realize, to my horror, he is the man from months ago who was rambling nonsense at the old white man, then beat him up.  The old man did not want to press charges and there was a fair amount of peer pressure from other passengers to "let it go so we can go home on time".  So I'm sitting in front of a violent man who is raving "I can see your demons" etc.  

[censored] [censored] [censored]  This is NOT GOOD.  

The man he's directing this at very wisely rings the bell and gets off.  Then the young man turns his attention to me, patting my shoulder and saying "See I got rid of him for you.  I can see who they really are" and I'm just nodding like, of course.  

And a part of me is wondering what if he really could see demons?  I wonder if I should get off, then think he might follow me and then I'd be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a crazy man for half an hour until the next bus came.  

Happily for me a gorgeous sweet young thing got on the bus wearing a nurse's uniform so he went and sat with her until he got to his stop.  

When I got off I just told the driver "They don't pay you enough money" and he laughed long and hard.  Then I said I'd see him tomorrow.  

That's about it for now.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get what you put into life. Because you don't like change you won't look for a job closer to home. It's your choice to go through this every day not everyone else you blame for your situation.

Heather Knits said...

I'm not blaming anyone. Feces man chooses to drink and live the way he does; the crazy man on the bus chooses not to take his medication. That's just people making choices who unfortunately intersect with me.

Anonymous said...

As well as your choice not to make a change. Actually, you're on their turf if you think about it. lol I do agree they have made bad choices so have you. The difference is they're too far gone, and you are not.

I realize you've come a long way but you're capable of much more.

Heather Knits said...

Right now security is important to me. I admit that. I just want to go from a to b without hassles.

It is also very sad to realize Ron would likely have ended up on the street like those guys had I left him. One reason I could never go.

Anonymous said...

Describing the situation isn't blaming anyone.