Sunday, February 26, 2023

Well, I used the auger and it helped

 So I will not worry about it for now. The auger was pretty easy to use and I read the directions first. Later on I put the directions, along with the manuals for everything we (I) own, in a milk crate I will organize further with some "real" envelopes or files.  I was just piling everything from my W-2 to the utility bills on a kitty condo.  It didn't bother Biscuit who slept on top of it occasionally. 

Next time I get manic I can make it a project. 

Anyway I rinsed off the auger even though the water was clean and then put it back in the garage. I am glad I have it. I also use the poop gadget to cut up large poops so that helps prevent clogs as well. 

I got a nap with Biscuit who was hogging most of the bed, but I got in on the "other" side and had enough room. He is very comfortable with me unlike Cleo who is always at threat level orange at best. Spotty is always pretty relaxed but he doesn't like me to touch him much.  Cleo doesn't want me to touch her unless I am lying down. Biscuit is very chill he wants petting all day, every day, anywhere.  

I think Biscuit overall had a pretty good life until he met me. He had a family (they put a flea collar on him and Gravy) before getting dumped in the woods to starve (I searched my whole neighborhood for flyers and did extensive online searching as well and no one claimed them so I can only assume they were dumped).  So he had a loving family, got dumped.  That didn't stop him.  I go walking by to the bus stop and my Bible handout and Biscuit pops out...

I said Hello and baby talked him. He came RUNNING out of the woods to me and climbed me like a tree, perching on my shoulder for minutes as I waited on my bus.  Then he tried to board the bus and go on the Bible Handout.  So he's still loving. 

I went on the Bible Handout and came back with a can of cat food, got off the bus.  I had been praying for God to please show me what to do with the boys as I couldn't just leave them and I knew we couldn't have four cats. And I saw that woman kicking one of them in the head. You never saw me run across a street so fast. She stopped when she saw me and I screeched WHAT ARE YOU DOING?  She said they (kept approaching her) and she was trying to make them go away.  She summed it up with "You get rid of them, or I will" in a very final tone.  

I put the cat food down because they were starving, well away from her. She came over though and watched them eat.  I had two portions and the empty tin.  Gravy ate his half.  Biscuit kept licking the tin, then he tried to eat some of Gravy's, but Gravy smacked him.  The woman laughed.  I wanted to slap her.  I picked up Biscuit and shoved his face into "his" half of the food, he figured it out and ate his half.  Once they were done eating she asked me what I was going to do with them. I said I didn't know (I had left my cell phone at home). She repeated I had better get rid of them or she would, so I stuck them in my bag and we walked half a mile home. They kept meowing at me and peeping their little (vet said 5 months old) heads out but we got home OK.  

I walked in the house with them and Torbie came up, I put the bag down and released the boys.  She immediately hissed at them as one went for the litter box (GOOD BOY) and one went for the food bowl. They spent the next week eating, pooping, and sleeping in my bed. 

So I guess I got him in time,he was not as damaged as Cleo. But I love them all equally but I have to say Biscuit is my snuggly buddy. I can do anything with him.  He is also easy to medicate which is good as he's the "sick" one and is a dream about eating his special food. 

That's it for now. 

Oh, and Ron?  When he heard the story he wanted to know what we were naming them, because of course we were keeping them!  He said Gravy had to be Gravy so I said if we had a Gravy we needed a Biscuit. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a tree close to your house? You sure have lots of problems, maybe it's tree roots?

Heather Knits said...

I will look into buying some of that root killer stuff you pour down the drain. Short version, two good sized trees in my yard and two very large oaks in nearby neighbor yards.

Although the times we had someone out with a camera he said everything was great.