Saturday, February 25, 2023

Saturday afternoon

 So I filled out the jury duty forms online. I guess it is not a surprise they needed my ID number, but I was surprised they needed my work phone number. Thinking about it now I probably should have put the store # in addition to just 'Walmart" but I can tell them next month. 

They had various things that would disqualify me like being in a criminal proceeding, etc. Over 70 could get out; so could a single parent of someone under 12. But there wasn't anything about financial hardship.  My invalid died so that's out. 

Really the worst thing was the stupid capcha (?), I am sorry Blogger sticks you with one when you make a comment. But in the past I had a lot of spam comments which is why I moderate. Not that I am really thinking someone's going to say something awful and have it post but online businesses putting up links - that was bothersome for a while. 

I do welcome opinions.

Anyway it is all my fault. I have apparently created insatiable candy monsters at work. I started bringing it for co workers. Even my sour-tempered boss, the one always yelling at us, liked the pink lollipops. Now she expects them. And other managers found out about them too so they come find me now, including the store manager. When I went out today I asked God nicely to please help me get more candy. And He did.   I do not put any booklets in the candy I take to work. 

So let me tell you about my day. It was about 64 when I left so I wore my sweatpants and a hoodie with a purple t shirt. It was very casual. Spotty got on me and shed a fair amount of orange cat hair all over my outfit and I didn't catch it until I had already left. 

I went to the first store.  I got a nice red cabbage (2 pounds) and some shredded carrots. I got a tub of kale/spinach greens which should hold up nicely. I put that all up in my insulated tote with a couple of cold packs. I went to the second store. I needed candy there. The bus driver passed up a "wild" looking guy and told me he never picks the man up because he likes to spit on the driver. I'd pass him too! 

They had my candy and another bag that seems related to the "Pinatero" mix I used to get from Sam's club. I handed out well over 100 pounds of that stuff. So I am definitely set for another week.

On the way home we picked up a man who was both mentally limited and bipolar,manic. I was happy to get away from him. The candy got a little heavy on the way home but I got it. 

I handed out some during my day and that was fun. The cashiers at the second grocery store know I have candy and some will ask even if I didn't go through their lane.  That is fun. But I didn't get more bags so this will be a fun week. 

That's it for now! 

No comments: