Saturday, February 25, 2023

Not happy to open my mail today

 Work was OK today, mostly.  Cranky boss would come by and yell at me to (do my job) as I was doing it,and the woman who covered me on my lunch made a mistake that got me in trouble. If she really wants my job she had better do a better job of it. This was an obvious one. 

Other than that work was fine. A sweater I really liked went on clearance for $7 so I got it.  It is not a flattering design but I like it. 

I finished up, bought some lunch meat and cheese,and came home. After I put my stuff up I checked the mail and found an envelope marked JURY SUMMONS. 

Oh,crap. It is so hard to get downtown on the bus. Not looking forward to it. But I have about a month on that and Walmart is good about jury duty. 

That's it for now. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can opt out. Tell them it would be a financial hardship. They don't care if you dont have transpirtation but a financial hardship will get you out of it.

Heather Knits said...

Yeah I have to fill out something online so I will see what it has. I don't want bad guys getting off, or light sentences, though. I had a Postal Worker brag to me how she "felt bad for" a repeat offender who pistol whipped a convenience store clerk AFTER he gave the money and "made sure" the animal only got 15 years instead of life like the other jurors wanted, because "he reminded me of my son and it could have happened to anyone, really". "He had his whole life ahead of him" unlike the poor clerk I imagine.

Anonymous said...

The prosecutor's do deals and plea bargains with criminals all the the time. Don't waste your time and energy trying to get to jury duty. Justice is a joke. The other comment is right when you do the excuse request only put that it will be a financial hardship for you and no mention of not having transportation. They don't care how you get there but when it comes to money they understand that. I hope you get out of it.