Monday, February 6, 2023

Monday night

 Well my born again rapture believers are going to find this telling: ATM at work was empty this morning, no cash.  I was able to get my cab fare/doctor fee out later but it was disturbing and reminded me of Ron's "Mark of the Beast" lecture.  

Work was fine.  I also got some fun sized snickers for the doctor's staff when I go next week.  I figured it would all be gone by the end of the week if I didn't get it today.  

I got off on time, ran by the ATM and got the cash, escaped the building.  I caught the bus on time.  It was very crowded.  

Now,  back in the day, if they pulled up on a bus stop and there was a person in a wheelchair they would make several people in the front move to make room for the person, stop, lower the lift, the whole circus.  

Now (and this has happened 2-3 times) they pull up on the stop, open the door, shout "I'm full" and drive off. Not sure what the ADA would say about that but that's what I see and makes me glad I am not the person in a wheelchair.  

To be honest Ron loathed riding the bus in his wheelchair as it was too hard on his back.  We only did it a few times for a Bible handout.  I know there are other options for the person in a wheelchair but what about "Wow I could really go for some fried chicken today"?   Paratransit trips have to be planned at least 1 day in advance.  

But I got to my transfer point and caught my bus home.  I am glad I figured out a shortcut stop. If I get off my first bus before it goes to the transit center, I can catch the second bus AFTER it leaves the transit center. Whereas before I would have missed it every time. 

I was very happy with my hair today using the Suave keratin shampoo and conditioner. I used that Sunday and it was still clean and nice today. I will have to get some more. I liked it before I just decided to cheat on it with the fruit shampoo. 

Cycle is whack.  I had literally one drop 3 days in a row and then nothing.  So, last time I did this I had a huge flood 2 weeks later. Or maybe this is the end of the line.  Who knows.  

I do have a decent stash of cloth pads I will just wear one of those every day as they are a lot more comfortable than disposables, and I can wash and reuse. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: