Monday, February 13, 2023

A trip to the doctor

 My guy picked me up on time and off we went.  Traffic was bad around the doctor's office as we both expected.  I paid him for the ride there and he waited while I ran in the building.  

There was a wait as expected but this time pretty "normal" type people in the waiting room; a yuppie-type woman, a mother with 3 boys of varying ages, a mother with a tween girl (Doc enjoys helping kids before they get stuck with labels and shoved down the wrong road), a man in coveralls and work boots,and me. I wore skinny jeans and my "thug cats" t shirt with a navy hoodie. 

Doc was happy to see me. Did not say a word about my appearance or weight loss.  Maybe he forgot how big I used to be but I suspect he went to a continuing medical education seminar about "harassment" and "don't ever comment on a woman's body" so he said I seemed to be doing well and that was it. I gave him my test results (he did not get the fax), he looked it over and said it looked great, how was I doing, etc. We agreed to keep me taking everything I am now and I told him about my allergy medications. I also gave him a copy of my DNR as he is the closest thing I have to a primary. 

When I finished the man in the coveralls was coming out at the same time and held the door for me, very nice. I got back out to the cab and asked if he would mind running by my favorite taqueria if I called in an order. He said "Not a problem" in his characteristic manner (this guy is completely unflappable) and I did just that (he did not want any takeout), we got my food on the way home. 

I got home, ate, and took my pills. I laid down with Spotty for a while and woke up with a headache.  Not Spotty's fault, I think it is the medication.  I took some Excedrin and laid down with Biscuit in my bed. 

Now I need to do dishes and do some cooking so I have meals this week. That's it for now.  The cab fare wasn't cheap but Doc stated again I only need to do this once a year. And I gave a very generous tip in addition to what we agreed on. 

No comments: