Thursday, February 2, 2023

[Singing] My pants are falling off

 I will skip work.  You don't want to hear about work, except maybe how I hid in the fitting room when my boss was outside talking to another employee when I tried on clothes after work.  

So I got to work, did work.  For lunch I have been eating a big (3 cups greens) salad, half a sweet potato, and a sandwich on low carb bread. And I just realized I forgot to buy the low carb bread after work, damnit.  

But as I was working the last couple days I had to keep yanking up my pants again and again.  And finally today it dawned.  Hey maybe I went down a size. So, after work, I went over to apparel and found some cute size 17 jeans, tried them on and they fit great.  I did a happy dance then I heard my boss's voice.  The one people run away from when they hear her coming.  She is just - stern for lack of a better term.  I actually feel bad for her I see her as under a lot of pressure.  

So rather than interact I stayed in there. 

Then I came out and threw it all in my cart.  I had wanted skinny jeans for my doctor visit in a medium to dark wash.  They only had medium wash in a 17 so I got that and I liked it.  

Then I got some of the $5 clearance jeans in a 17. That makes a couple pair that fit well now. Let me go look. I have 3 black, the skinny medium wash, a cobalt blue, a teal (had the last 2 for a while), a light wash Mom jean, and a dark wash Mom jean.  I spent $10 last week and $20 this week. Dad sent me a "bounty" on my weight loss recently so I used the last of it tonight. Honestly speaking I don't expect to drop another size. But we'll see. 

Once I get down to 170/165 I plan to go to a maintenance eating plan.  If I lose more eating that great but not planning on it. But I plan to keep carbs below 100 grams a day. Watch calories make sure I don't go above a maintainer level. We'll see. 

Right now I am doing my usual Friday night (for me) thing and doing laundry. Jeans are in the dryer I am going to bed when they're done. 

Just for fun currently Carb Manager says about 1,600 to lose at my weight at a sedentary activity level. 

To maintain the internet says 1.900 to maintain at 165 pounds and a light activity level.  1,700 at a sedentary level.  Moderate activity, probably closest to my current level. 2,100.  I plan to keep using my tracker to watch all that. 

God love him, good old Dr Atkins and "You don't need to worry about calories" was just NOT good for my eating.  I have lost this watching my carbs and my calories. 

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dt Atkins worked for me, I went down 7 sizes just watching my carbs. I need to get back on that wagon.

Heather Knits said...

I have found if I can have some things like sweet potato with a glass of milk I don't want the heavy carbs these days.