Saturday, February 11, 2023

Saturday night

 I took a nap, I had a little trouble because Biscuit didn't want to move from his spot in the center of my bed. I had all 3 cats in the bed though for a while which was nice. I dropped off OK, had horrible dreams, woke up with a headache.  

It is better now. I brewed up some tea with black tea, green tea, ginger root, and lemon to help me detox from the soda.  I am also doing some laundry. 

I figured out my beef stock is still good so I'm going to use that with the "short ribs" which are not in fact ribs but a cut of meat above the rib cage on the cow. If I am not mistaken it is more "armpit"steak. 😂  At $4 I will play with it. Everything has come out tasty when I cook it in my crock pot. 

I am tired I may lie down again. I did and had a nice cuddle with Cleo but did not sleep. 

If you asked Texas to send me sign up forms I got them?   I am assuming you would want to know. 

I got the short ribs started. Here's the recipe if they turn out good I'll post (cooking them overnight in the crock pot)

1 pound beef short ribs

1 cup beef stock with:

(1 T liquid smoke

1 T apple cider vinegar)

3/4 cup chopped onion 

2 garlic cloves (peeled of course)

1/4 t each salt and pepper

Crock pot liner goes in first, then onions and garlic, arrange short ribs and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour stock mixture over ribs, cover, cook on low heat 8 hours. We will see. They look very meaty. 

$4 I figured I would take a chance on an unknown cut of meat. Eventually I want to get a smoker and get to making my own barbeque.  Yum.  Even though smoked meat is supposed to be "bad" for you and full of carcinogens. I will do some research. I may get a smoker with some of my refund check.  

First on the list is some electrical work in the house. The house gets all the money. I remember one awful Christmas we had sink troubles ended up costing us over $600 all our money for presents and the plumber whistled the whole time. I bet he did. 

Anyway I need to install 2 overhead lights in different rooms, replace the fixture over the dining room table (a third job), and then replace the ceiling fan in the front room.  That won't be cheap but my guy will be more than fair. That's the big plan this year if I get anything back. 

I will put up pictures when that happens. 

It will also make for a better morning "selfie"photo. 😂  Which is reason enough to do it right there,right?  

Almost done with laundry looking forward to that. 

I need to come up with a policy on food cheats. Like "I will have 2 cheat a week" or something. Because the "here and there" is adding up and I don't want to look like I used to. I will ask God for guidance on that.  

That's it for now. 



No comments: