Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Tuesday morning

 I had a lot of caffeine yesterday and did not sleep well last night.  But I 100%  blame myself. 

Sunday, after I found it, I washed off my menstrual cup and tried it out, it still works.  Sadly the maker is out of business which is a shame as it seems like a very nice product. So last night before I went to bed I washed it again in mild unscented soap and boiled it, then air dried and put back in it's little bag in the bathroom. 

So I have cloth pads, regular disposable pads, menstrual cup, tampons I should be set for whatever comes. And let's not forget I work at a Walmart even if I DIDN'T have a stash of tampons in my bag. Of course this last period may literally be the last one, I don't know. 

The women I know who are willing to talk about their bodies all had hysterectomies.  The women who transitioned naturally either don't want to talk or are no longer with me (birth Mom). All I know about my birth Mom is that her cycles were very erratic for years, she would go months and months without a cycle and then have one.  That is all I've got. I haven't really done that yet it is more skip a month here and there and up to skipping about 4 a year so far according to my records. So we'll see.  

I'm writing about this because I would love to read about someone else's experiences as NO ONE WANTS TO TALK.  So I'm talking. 

I plan to get some more Diet Dew this morning but I don't plan to drink it all like I did yesterday.  I will put half in my locker. 

I also need to get a new Powerade Zero and drink that as I have apparently lost my empty bottle that I used for water.   And my meds, especially the allergy ones, make me very thirsty.  

The cats are good.  I love it when Biscuit sleeps with me.  The other cat (a frightened, skinny, gray and white tabby) came around last night so he went out and beat it up again.  It really wants to join the family and is very skinny, but as I told Biscuit "I can't afford another cat" so he ran it off.  It is funny he welcomed Mama cat and the kittens but runs off every other cat. 

I guess because Mama and the kittens were really desperate. He loves Spotty and Cleo and everyone gets along great, which is why I tell people at work I want the impossible: a man who loves cats but does not have any, because integrating 2 cat families is VERY difficult.  That's assuming there is a man and I am OK if there isn't.  

I'm a lot, brain damage, mental illness, can't drive, terrible housekeeper, cook the same 5 things again and again, etc.  Of course there are a lot of pluses I am a woman of faith, live a quiet life, hard worker, not a dependent personality (I can get myself around just fine), not bad looking, care about my health, etc. So we'll see. 

I still have 3 years on my dating thing and I am sticking to that. The guy who helped me with my phone at work,was very good natured about it, I get him a certain Gatorade he likes when I go to Kroger.  It is only sold at Kroger which is kind of a big deal when you ride the bus (he does).  So I bring him one a couple times a month that is it. Because he is nice to me and he didn't have to help.  I am not at all interested in Jack and I am sure the feeling is mutual. Neither of us wants to mess up a good business arrangement.  I will talk to just about anyone especially at work. 

But it's shower time so let's do that. When I get back I will talk about a recent slide into cheats and how that has me up to 186 now.   I have decided to cut out the cheats, sweet potato, and milk and see where that gets me.  I can stop "this" now before it gets really bad like in years past. 

That's it for now. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a full hysto in my mid 40's. Surgical menopause is a trip. Hot flashes are the worst.

Anonymous said...

It's really mean of you to encourage your cat to attack another cat. That poor cat was probably a former house cat that was dumped by someone. I know you can't take on another cat but I wish you could at least catch it and contact a rescue about it. I know most are full but it makes me sad to think of all the animals suffering out there because of people who are selfish and think of their pets as disposable. I really don't understand how people can be that cold and callous. It makes me sick. Just another reason why I don't believe in god.

Heather Knits said...

He is not attacking he just goes out and yells at it. It may be someone's pet so Im not having it picked up.

Anonymous said...

Beating it up and yelling at it are two different adjectives. If it's skinny and hungry as you said it was then it is obviously not someones pet and if it is then they are clearly not feeding it based on your physical description of it.

Anonymous said...

As someone who transitioned naturally it sucks lol it took me years to get all the way through it I was in so called peri menopause for years an omg the cycles were terrible I had a period every 2 weeks an I mean full flow go Thur a tampon in 20 minutes. Had lots of blood clots there were days all I could do was shove a towel an I mean a towel between my legs . Terrible but I made it Thur any questions just ask

Heather Knits said...

In my defense my cats are obese and what I see as "skinny" may just be a normal weighted cat.

Yeah I worry about those kind of cycles especially with work...

Anonymous said...

Buy some period underwear then you won't gave to worry about the unexpected oops. Personally i think they're gross to wear like a tampon or pad all day but for your purposes where you may or may not start your period i think they would be a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Who do you think created the cats?

Heather Knits said...

Period underwear it would be impossible to remove at work. So I am going the cloth pad route (nice premade ones) that I can unsnap from my underwear, fold up, tuck away, put new or a disposable. It is very comfortable and I have a decent assortment. I can just wash them with my regular load. If I actually bleed on them I would soak and rinse out before washing.

Anonymous said...

Obviosly you dont know how period underwear work. They are supposed to absorb like 5 or 6 pads or tampons worth of blood so you wouldn't change them at work.

Heather Knits said...

During my cycle I am bleeding out an ultra tampon's worth every 2 hours. The "tampons" they absorb on the underwear are for a regular. So the underwear would be full in a few hours.

Plan is (if I ever have another cycle) is to use disposable tampons with a cloth pad for backup at work and then use cup/cloth pad backup at home.