Saturday, February 11, 2023

My trip to the groceries

 I got out of the house early.  I had my rolling cart with me.  I encountered a loose husky dog but it was well fed and didn't bother me. As I came up on the bus stop I saw 1. The homeless man was there.  2.  Someone was getting off the bus.  I ran, waving one arm in the universal signal for "I want to ride the bus" 😂 and he waited for me.  I got to the store and found a large pack of the Dove Sensitive. I love the soap but they don't have it in the big pack at my store, and I like to have "some" stock on hand. So that will be a 4 month supply. I was really happy about that.  I also found some beef short ribs, boneless, on the markdown bin for less than $4 a pound so I got them too. I left and went to the other store.  

Having my big hand cart with me I knew I was a target for Asset Protection at the stores, that I was being watched on camera and likely followed, but I don't steal so it didn't matter. I was happy, I found where they keep the fancy cheese at the one store and they had some Brie on markdown.  I like Brie.  My plan is to get off work, come home, have a little bit of fancy cheese and some berries while talking to Mom and Dad. 

At the other store the organic salad mix had excellent fresh codes so I was very happy. They did not have the bags of caramels I hope they come back. They did have Pinata mix and my challenging boss is addicted to the pink lollipops that come with it. So I was glad I had that at least. 

I had a very short wait on all my buses today which was nice, got home alright. I do need to get a smaller cart, when we got an old man with a walker I got off the bus, he got on, then I got on after him so he could sit easily.  

It was cold and windy but it is getting sunny now. 

When I came home I watched Spotty in the litter box I was hoping to transition to Feline Pine but it was obvious he hated it, he got out and peed in the Tidy Cats clumping litter box.  The other night at work I bought a bag of Vibrant Life Crystal litter so I dumped out the pine mess and cleaned it,put the crystal litter in.  We will see what they think of that. I like it because it doesn't erupt a huge dust cloud any time I touch it like the Tidy Cats. 

That's it for now. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommended the Chewy brand sand before and I'm doing it again. I like everything about it, especially the low dust. The room with Tidy Cat before was always dusty now I don't have that to deal with.

Heather Knits said...

That would probably be easier than my other suggestion to bring it home on the bus. What I may do is have some standard clumping litter in a couple of boxes and then something else in the other box.