Saturday, February 18, 2023

An interesting day already

 I got out to the bus stop around 7:30.  It was cold but clear and light out.  

I saw 2 cars illegally parked near the bus stop and two JW's with one of their mobile literature displays out by the bus stop.  I was not pleased, thought about saying something, and had a good time picturing going home: getting my Free Bibles sign and a couple cases of Bibles, throw them in the hand cart, come back and have a throwdown JW vs. Free Bibles.  😂  I did not, but I kept myself amused imagining it. 

I got to the grocery store around 8.  I went for the bargain bin in the back where they keep the markdown meats.  I have gotten some good deals, cube steak, ham, etc. Today it was full of 1 pound packages of grassfed, organic, ground beef at, get this, $2.50 a pound.  They had 13 packages (I counted).  I took 10 and left the other 3 for some other lucky soul.  

God sure fed me today. Say what you will about what He's allowed in my life He has certainly brought the food, clothes, and shelter. I got some spices because I can't eat 10 pounds of ground beef all seasoned the same way. I get tired of 1-2 pounds. So I got some "BBQ spice", etc. I got some tea, some little containers to take my food to work, etc. but that's about all I got.  

The checker couldn't believe the good deal on the meat and I told her I left her some.  The bagger asked the checker to save her a pound "For my spaghetti tonight" so I was really glad I had left some. Now I know I will have to cook ALL of it tonight and freeze it but I am OK on that. 

I got out to the bus stop. I was a little annoyed at first a young woman had her stuff spread out over the entire bench, but then I realized she was a waitress at the overnight diner. We chatted some and I ended up giving her my stun gun because she says she feels unsafe working there at night. I don't regret that. I am coming home between 4 -6:30 PM that is not a "bad"time as it goes, I can only imagine what it is like for her at 2 AM.  So no regrets on that. 

The bus driver was diabetic and got a little weird when he saw the booklet and told me to "give it to someone else" so as I got off at my home stop I gave it and my other bag of candy to two passengers near me. The JW's were gone, good riddance if I may say. 

Ron and I were so "bad" they actually had us on the do not visit list. I would ask questions like why did I have to have them teach me and could they read me James 1:5 and explain how it said I would be taught by God as I studied?  Etc.  So they don't like my house but I still encounter them. 

That said I sure MANY feel that way about me and my booklets. I am certain. But I will keep going. 

Then I had to lug home 10 pounds of dead cow hanging off my shoulder because I thought I didn't "need" my hand cart 😂 today.  

I have been battling a bad headache for a while and will go lie down for a bit. 

No comments: